• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Expedition - Eddie Bauer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Expedition - Eddie Bauer

I just helped a friend of mine detail his mom's Ford Expedition - Eddie Bauer Edition. First we washed the car, followed by claying. He has run his own detailing side business for 2 or 3 years now for friends and family. He has NEVER used clay. Boy was he amazed! I had him claying the entire vehicle (keep in mind...this is an EXPEDITION!). Next I polished the car using #80 Speed Glaze which did an amazing job brightening the paint. We followed with a coat of #21 topped with #26.

The sun wasn't out so it was hard to get good shots.

Here are the results:

Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

That looks great! Nice looking red! Even with no sun you can sure see the results of some hard work.

...watch the bottle of #26 on the hood. I went to snap a reflection shot about a year ago with NXT and the bottle started to slide down the waxed hood (NXT is some slick stuff) I tried to get the bottle to stay with mo luck then I found that I had put some fine scratches in the hood. Nothing a little #80 couldn't take care of just felt like a idiot!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Oh yeah.... What about the blue chevy in the back ground!?!?!?
      Brandon

Comment

Funny you mention the sliding thing...I have had the same thing happen before. Now I keep a small piece of felt with my camera. I just set it under the bottle to prevent any scratching of any type. The nice part is it's thin enough that it's not seen in pictures.
        Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Here's the blue Chevy:

It's a work truck for my friend so I'm not sure he'll ever detail it. It has rust all over the step bars and scratches on every panel.
          Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Nemlich
            Funny you mention the sliding thing...I have had the same thing happen before. Now I keep a small piece of felt with my camera. I just set it under the bottle to prevent any scratching of any type. The nice part is it's thin enough that it's not seen in pictures.
            great idea! I may have to borrow that one.
            Brandon

Comment

Nice work Chris!

I cleaned up a late model Explorer (E. B. edition) and it looked super too. I wanted to post the results, but I am using a film camera for now.

I like the way Ford paint looks after a good detailing.
              r. b.

Comment

My moms Explorer is the exact same red as this Expedition. This red seems to really brighten up after a good wash and wax. Most drastic change I have seen after just a wash.
                Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');