• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should i use? Honda Civic EP3R - Nighthawk Black Pearl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i use? Honda Civic EP3R - Nighthawk Black Pearl

Hi, ive just bought my car and "stupid" as i am, i bought a shiny black one (i just love the look of a clean black car). Anyway, ive only heard positive remarks about meguiars so ive decided to go with those products.

1. what should i use? I mean, i ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. It can be relatively wet here in norway, also the summer is hot and the winter is cold. Also i live in a city and also use the car to and from work.

2. someone says i should only use microfiber and stay away from synthetic sponges and everything cotton? Is this true?

3. i want a wet, clear black look, both wheels, windows, headlights and paint, plus something for my interior. Another problem there is to find something for my Alcantarra seats. Dunno if i can use the same stuff for leather?

4. if im not mistaken i should do something like this: 1, wash with high preassure water, then with some kind of paint cleaner (wich one?). 2, clay. 3, scratch x. 4, polish (again wich one? heard alot of good about NXT, but someone said i should go for the professional line with an electrical polisher just the same). 5, wax

5. So should i go professional or NXT or what? Concidering i have absolutly no experience.

6. I also have som scratches in the plastic interior that the former owner had made, what about this?

7. will the scratch x remove most of the marks made from stone chips in the front/hood? Also got a tiny scratch on the passanger side after some moron put their door into it. No ding though thankfully.

The paint on my car gets scratched up easily it seems, so i also want to protect it as much as possible and also keep it nice looking as long as possible so i dont have to polish it each night

Also, the former owner had the car ****** coated, is this a big problem? This was done about 2 months ago.

I guess i want recomendations for wash (wheels, paint, interior, rims), polish (ditto), wax, and sponges/cloth/brushes etc.

Thanks in advance !

So it doesnt matter wich weather you have?

Btw, i might be stupid for asking but ill do it anyway. Whats the point with both the spray detailer and the spray wax to use after the car is done properly? The effect looks the same to me from the pictures and the tutorials. To make the car look like it was just detailed?

Also, my car is 2003 model and not yet two years old. The small scratches from stones and so on when driving and also the scratch on the side i talked about are white, probably from the primer beneath, is there anything to do about this? Im kinda sceptic to rub off the paint.

Comment

Well, lets see....

1) Nxt Wax is quite durable, you may want to start with that wax.

2) I like chenille sponges, and the Water Magnet drying towel.

3) Most of theose things are going to requite diffeent products.

4) Jus ta regular hose, with a good carwash like Nxt or Gold CLass will be good.

5) Unless you are using the G-100, just work by hand. There is no Nxt Polish.. just use the DC#1.

6) Well, if it is clear plastic, yo uca ntry PlastX. If it is colored plastic, not much you can do.

7) ScratchX will not remove rock chips, but it may minimize them some. The tiny scratch it ca ndeal with.

8) I dont think ****** will be a huge problem.

9) The spray detailer is mostly for if there is light dust on the car, and yo udont want to wash again. Or to remove bird droppings, or fingerprints right away. The spray wax is for after washing, to put back a little protection, and give that just waxed look. It goes on and off a little faster than a regular waxing, esp on bigger cars, which is nice.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks alot for the reply, especially about the sprays. I thought i shouldnt rub anything on the car if its not washed so thats why i was confused. It could be handy, especially after a short trip back and to work that often gets the car dusty.

Btw, whats DC#1. Im concidering buying a electronic polisher, dont know if i can buy a really good one at the moment (cant afford it at the moment). Is it a stupid idea to buy a cheaper not so strong one and fit it with meguiar pads?

Comment

This is what Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner #1 looks like...

This non-abrasive paint cleaner has been improved to deliver even stronger performance with no chemical odor. It safely removes road grime, surface contamination, light oxidation, swirls and light scratches to restore damaged and dull finishes. Prepares all paint finishes for polishing and waxing. For most effective cleaning, use with our Even-Coat Applicator and remove excess product with a Supreme Shine Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry.
          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by n0stra
            Im concidering buying a electronic polisher, dont know if i can buy a really good one at the moment (cant afford it at the moment). Is it a stupid idea to buy a cheaper not so strong one and fit it with meguiar pads?
            It never hurts to try a cheaper model if that's all you can afford.

Find a decent orbital and give it a try. You can always return it within a certain amount of time if you don't like it........At least we have that option in the USA.

Not sure about you being able to use Meguiars pads on it though.
            r. b.

Comment

I actualy made a mistake there..

DC#1 = Deep Crystal Paint cleaner.. it is a milder cleaner that you could use by hand once ScratchX has removed any swirls.

DC#2 = Deep Crystal Polish. . this would be the polish to use by hand.

If you choose to go with the professional route, then products like #80 would be good, as it is a cleaner and polish. Or # 83 for a bit more agression.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');