• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modified Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Grit Guard

Hi All,

I this picture below, I noticed a need for a modified Grit Guard that would enable a person to aggitate or wipe their body wash brush against it, so it would help to dislodge any embedded grit particles trapped in the brush.

Maybe something on the order of a old timey wash board of sorts, except that it would have a plastic grate instead of a wash board.

I don't have one of these brushes yet, but if I ever get one, then I'll probably make a homemade version of a grit guard, so I can keep the brush grit free.

Just a thought anyway.
    r. b.

This is an absolute excellent idea! With a wash mit, you just swash it around the rinse bucket and agitate with your hand, but with the body brush, I assume it would hold the dirt in more so. Hell, to add Rusty Bumpers idea, make a Meguiar's wash bucket with the grit guard allready affixed to the bottom and one side. Instead of making it round, make it sort of oblong, like an oval above ground pool.
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
      ....to add Rusty Bumpers idea, make a Meguiar's wash bucket with the grit guard allready affixed to the bottom and one side. Instead of making it round, make it sort of oblong, like an oval above ground pool.
      A great add on I must say!
      r. b.

Comment

These are great ideas. Never thought about this before. Hopefully the wonderful guys at Megs can get this done before my BIG order which includes several brushes!!
        Alex
        '01 Blk Max. SE
        '03 Blk G35 Sedan (GF's car)

"Hooked on Clay"

Comment

Home depot sells an aluminum mesh "thingy" that fits in a 5 gal or 2 1/2 gal pail. It has hooks on one side and hangs from the rim down inside the bucket. It is made to put in a paint bucket so you can roll a paint roller on it to remove excise paint.

It cost less than $2.00.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Love My Ride

These are great ideas. Never thought about this before. Hopefully the wonderful guys at Megs can get this done before my BIG order which includes several brushes!!
            It is a good idea but not up to Meguiar's to do it. The GritGuard is made by a company called, oddly enough, Grit Guard It was invented by Douglas Lamb who is about as fanatical as any of us about keeping scratches at bay.
            Leo

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
              Home depot sells an aluminum mesh "thingy" that fits in a 5 gal or 2 1/2 gal pail. It has hooks on one side and hangs from the rim down inside the bucket. It is made to put in a paint bucket so you can roll a paint roller on it to remove excise paint.

It cost less than $2.00.

That's sort of what I had in mind........Thanks for the heads up Joe.
              r. b.

Comment

HAHA, my fulltime job (saving for my own detail shop) is being a painting contractor. LOL We don't use the inserts, so I never even thought about using one of those, good idea I must say.
                Rangerpowersports.com
                Ranger72

Comment

I kind of had the same idea going. You could almost keep the existing grit guard and have a side grating that comes up on one side of the bucket. But I like the paint bucket grating idea.
                  Later,
                  Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                  Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Re: Modified Grit Guard

Wow, what an old thread... And the washing board is there for us )

Comment

Dang, I forgot about this thread.

The years have gone by so quickly. I remember when the forum went online for the first time.
                      r. b.

Comment

Comment

Good to see you again, PC!

Thanks for posting!
                          r. b.

Comment

It only took 11 years for the GG WashBoard to be introduced.
                            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');