• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe I get paid for this!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn man, 4.5 hours is damn good! Great work as usual as well!
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
      Thanks all for the kind word. There is myself and one assistant. Keep in mind "two of us" that work 4 - 4 1/2 hour makes 8-9 man hours.
      still seems blazing fast for the quality of work.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
        I *think* those were rotary holograms, not actual linear scratches across the hood. That's what it looks like to me in the pict.

Great work Joe! But with the "can you believe they pay me" I expected either a pict of you doing a burn-out in someone's ultra exotic, or firing the machine guns on one of those warbirds you do, or something like that.
        At first glance I saw what looked like lines going horizontally across the hood. I don't doubt there are holograms to accompany them. Joe did say dealer-induced swirl marks. Gives you a lot of confidence in dealer new-car prep people, huh?

They must have been really bad to require the use of a rotary and Diamond Cut! Isn't that Meguiar's most aggressive compound?

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

To clearify what we were faced with, just about every square inch of the vehicle had buffer trails/hologram. The BMW is maybe a year old and not garaged kept so it also had various scuffs and random scratches in the finish.

After we washed the car I walked around with a roll of tape and marked the areas that needed diamond cut. After those areas were corrected/polished out, the entire vehicle was buffed with DACP (8006 on a rotory) and was chased with DACP (8006 on a DA)

We topped it all with #21. Tires wear #40, wheel wells got hyper dressing, and trim #38.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Nice!

My dad's truck is black. It is pretty bad. I hope I can get it looking half that good. I am going to have some fun with it.
            Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

Re: Can you believe I get paid for this!?!?!

Hard to believe this post is almost 2 years old. We have done this car regularly every six months.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Looks great, always a pleasure to see your work I like your slogan too, Ronald Reagan was a great president IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2 View Post
                  Looks great, always a pleasure to see your work I like your slogan too, Ronald Reagan was a great president IMHO

I wonder if we'll ever see another one like him in our lifetime!

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Joe, great work and great time. Thats why you are superior shine. Great work.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');