• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Waxing with NXT Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Waxing with NXT Paste Wax

Washed my '02 Civic today, clayed the hood, grill and front bumper, then polished using #7. So far so good, looks good and it's squeaky clean!

Pulled the car back into the shade (boy that morning sun moves fast!), then started with the NXT paste wax. At first it was hard to get a thin coating, but by the time I was done with the hood, I had gotten the hang of it. This stuff goes a long way using the foam applicator pad.

Since it was a warm day today (somewhere in the 80's I think), with a nice breeze, the wax dried in less than 30 mins, but I waited an hour, mainly to recover from washing, polishing and putting the wax on.

The wax comes off very easily and you can sure tell all the spots that you out too much on, as it takes a couple of wipes to get it off those spots leaving a lot of residue, whereas the thin coated spots, have very little residue at all.

Will add a second coat tomorrow after work. Looks like I'll need to find my soft tooth brush, for some of the cracks along the trim... grrrr!

Something tells me I need a PC and SOON!

Pictures tomorrow I hope!

Ya nxt is pretty good for an OTC wax. It doesnt wipe off nearly as easy as some of my $30+ boutique waxes, but I still use it despite that. I have gotten some nice flake pop with nxt. Like mentioned above light thin coats is important.

Greg
    Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Hi Bear,

I use a very soft paint brush for getting the residue out of the small cracks.

Bryan

Comment

I find it hard to get the NXT paste really thin, especially on a white car. The liquid OTOH is really easy to get thin and comes off with a light wipe of a microfiber (the paste would too, if I got it thin enough). My experience is that NXT paste and liquid is just as easy to work with as the expensive stuff, if you can discipline yourself to use it properly (which is, in my case with the paste, not easy to do as I keep putting it on too thick).

Tom
        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
          I find it hard to get the NXT paste really thin...
          ....if you can discipline yourself to use it properly (which is, in my case with the paste, not easy to do as I keep putting it on too thick).
          Howdy Tom,

What I found is if I dab the applicator into the wax once it's been wetted, that is really all you need, just enough NXT to dab rather than coat the applicator. It looked like I was smearing water on the panels, rather than putting a white lotion on them.

The areas that I put too much on, looked like I had smeared lotion on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123
            I use a very soft paint brush for getting the residue out of the small cracks.
            Thanks Bryan, I have some new paint brushes that are very soft, that I can stiffen up with rubber bands if need be.

And I found a rust spot near my sun roof!
            Now I have to learn how to wet sand, prime and touch up too!

I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life babying car paint... doomed ... doomed I say!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');