• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes-Benz NXT Generation Garage Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Benz NXT Generation Garage Day

Today at Meguiar's we are proud to host a NXT Garage Day for Merecedes-Benz owners.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Mike,
    Thank you for a great clinic. Please let Mr. Meguiar know that all of us came away from the clinic very pleased with the knowledge gained. The goody bag was impressive, I will be using the NXT tomorrow.

My 2003 C230K Coupe in Orion blue is the first car shown on the photo you posted. It has been 7 months since I clayed the car and put Brand G "Best of Show" on it. It looked great for a while, so I know how good it can be and will be able to evaluate the NXT system. Since it is pretty new I will again clay the car, I still have some band G "Speed Shine" I can use up lubricating the clay.

I bought the Meguiar Porter Cable dual action polisher. Jose was a great help to all of us getting the extra stuff. I will use up the gallon of Final Detailer in about a year. I have been going through the Quick Detailer a bottle a month:p

You mentioned several online websites, can you PM me their URLs? I want to see your articles on detailing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mille Grazie!

Mike you did a great job today!

All facets of the day was fantastic, from the pastries, presentation, pizza and product demos ... hey, the 4 Ps!

Thank you and the Meguiar family for wonderful time ... I can't wait to use more of the Meguiar's products on all of the cars! I sure will be telling all my friends to use Meguiar's products from now on - bar none!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Cannoli; Feb 7, 2004, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Tim ... and I wonder who can be the friendly Moderator? Hmmm .....

Comment

Mike,
          I have been going through the Mini clinic you did. I thought the 83 was for problem paint or older paint. What you did the the black car was amazing.

But when I saw you doing the same to a new mini I guess I missed the boat. I was thinking just clay on a relative swirl free paint job was enough. I guess a quart of 83 on Monday will need to be ordered. I still have to re-wax my 300SEL 6.3. so I can use the 83 on that older paint too.

You got a photo of someone sitting on the ground. I prefer a
          2 1/2 gallon bucket turned upside down. They even make padded seats for the buckets. A little comfort when you get old. Congradulations on your birthday next week.

Comment

I had a great time at today's clinic. I couldn't stop raving about the products and was extremely pleased with the performance of the clay, and the NXT wax. My paint feels showroom smooth and looks great. I was also very impressed with the gift bag, and will be ordering some Final Detail as well as a Porter Cable (which I shoud have bought today).

Mike, your presentation was great, and you were a ton of help. Thanks so much for putting these events on!

Also, it was great to see everyone I already knew, and to meet those that I didn't. :0)
            Peep My Car

Comment

Mike,
              It was great meeting you today and learning about the NXT product line. I can't wait to try out all the products and find out what I like...and use it often!

Thanks again,
              Glen

Comment

Sat Clinic

Mike,

Just Wanted To Thank MEGUIARS and You for the Class. Mike spent as much time as needed with each student in the class.
                Lots of Info and a Great Day For the Class ,Nice and Warm!
                The NXT Products Work great! It Really brings the paint up a level. It was great to see some old friends and meet some New MB Owners that are into Detailing there cars.

Looks like I Will be Going back to Meguiars...NXT!!

I Like the Meguiars store open to Buy Items during the class!
                Great Idea!!
                When you Demo the products... you can Buy them on the spot!

Comment

Hey everyone,

It's a little after 7:00pm here at Meguiar's in Irvine and the last car just left. I had a just as much fun as everyone else and I would like to say thank you to everyone who came!

Before I go, here's a picture of the last Mercedes-Benz we buffed out today. This car's finish was in pretty bad shape and could have used a full-on buff out. But because I was fairly busy with some of the other cars, the owner of this car did everything himself!

First he clayed the car using Meguiar's aggressive D-6200 clay bar, (the finish had a lot of bonded contaminants), then he applied Meguiar's new ColorX, using the G-100 Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher with a W-7006 foam cutting pad.

Here's a picture,

I'll be posting pictures of the event over the next two days, so come back often.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wow! It looks great...what a huge improvement! Great job, guys!

Comment

OMG!

WOW! That can't be the same SL that I saw today! No WAY! It was soooo tired looking (the paint, that is).

F'ng AMAZING!

Comment

Mike:

Thanks for all the useful info! I didn't think anything would replace the 9/7/20/gold class treatment, but it sure looks like the NXT product is worth trying. Thanks also to Meguiar's for hosting this great training class.

John

Comment

Mike,

Thank you so much for todays clinic. I learned alot of new tips for prepping the car paint. The first demo you did on that black car was absolutely amazing!!! Also, thanks for the goody bag. I had tons to do today, but still managed some time to try out the NXT on my daily driver, a 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S. I posted a review on Autopia.org. Overall, I give it a thumbs up!!

As we discussed earlier, I would love to set up a clinic for the Ferrari Driving Club here in so cal. Shoot me an e-mail with some of your available dates.

Thanks,
                          Dom

Comment

Mike,
                            I will be getting some #83 for my older MB 300SEL 6.3, but looking at the http://www.showcargarage.com website people are using NXT with #81 a lot. I looked all through the Meguiars website looking for #81 and could not find it. Tim mentioned using #80 Speed Glaze on on newer vehicles.

My Coupe has Orion Blue metallic paint (code 345), the main reason I bought it. What do you think I should use?
                            Tim said "#83 DACP + #82 Swirl Free Polish + #81 Hand Polish(or #7) + #20 Polymer + #26 as a topper. "

How does this sound?
                            #83 DACP + #82 Swirl Free Polish + #81 Hand Polish + two coats of NXT Tech wax and a coat of NXT Spray wax?

I did not know the clinic would go so long today, I would have done my car if I had known. Getting expert advice right away would have been better than asking advice over the internet
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thankyou so much mike for the very informative clinic and all the great goodies:p Thanks for helping my poor car out. the bodyshop really brutalized it. I look forward to your next clinic and using the new NXT product line

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');