• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes-Benz NXT Generation Garage Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike:

Thank you for your time and patience. I like the results with Meguiar's NXT!

Jeff
    Attached Files
    1993 500E (040)
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...f/prosiggy.jpg

Comment

I was signed up for this event, but to my disaapoint, I wasn't able to make it... any chance there will be another event of this sort that I could attend?

The results of the NXT line of products look astonishing, btw
      Danny
      2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Mike,

On behalf of MBCA and Mercedesshop THANK YOU!!!

As usual your insite and knowledge were appreciated and very helpful. Please also thank Meguiars employees for their generosity. They not only spent a great deal of time assisting with product choices and purchases but also went out of their way to insure everyone received proper attention.

As far as the goodie bag, I can't wait to try the new products. I've already sampled NXT Wax and will go on record saying it is my favorite LSP.

Now I need to buy a PC, #83 and a polishing pad to get my paint looking it's best. Do you know when you'll have another one of those package deals for the PC?

Thanks again Mike.
        Afshin

2004 Pilot - Wifes Car
        2002 CRV - Daily Driver
        1990 Porsche 928 GT - Garage Queen

Comment

Everyone has commented on the shine. I love the NXT wax. But I still notice the swirls and cob webs, although they are much better. So today I bought some #83, and some ultimate bonnets to go with the G100 dual action buffer.

I still have my Lincoln Mark VIII LSC with a great metallic red color. It always looks great with Best of Show wax, I am going to use the #83, then NXT wax, and then cover it with some Meguiars Gold series wax I have had for 3 years now and never used.

I have a Rod Stewart concert coming up in March, VIP Box seating and parking, so I want the Mercedes to look extra good as it will have to compete with a lot of E and S class MB's. So I will use the #83, then the #7, then two coats NXT wax, followed by the booster and final detail

Comment

breastroker ... please post pictures when you finish detailing your Benz! Sounds like you have a great plan of attack!

Comment

Originally posted by mmgrad
              I was signed up for this event, but to my disappointment, I wasn't able to make it... any chance there will be another event of this sort that I could attend?

The results of the NXT line of products look astonishing, btw
              I have a Detail Day at Meguiar's scheduled for April 24th for the San Diego Mercedes-Benz club, are you connected with them?

If not, I can see how many people plan on attending and maybe we can fit you in.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I ordered the #83 yesterday and it was here the next day! Talk about service.

But the agent got the other part of the order wrong, I asked for the Ultimate Bonnet for my new G100 DA, they sent me the Ultimate wipe.

I should have said for the 6.5 inch pad and he might have got it right, so partially my fault. I realized I did not say 6.5 until after I hung up, I assumed since I told him I had just bought the G100 DA buffer that he knew what I wanted, the Ultimate Bonnet.

And they charged me twice for my Final Detail, no proplem, they called and said there was a mistake.

All in all the Service or Detail reps are outstanding.

On the side of the #83 is a scale 0-10 cutting/polishing ability.
                The #83 is a 6.
                From the catalog is see:
                Diamond Cut at 10
                Compound POWER Cleaner at 8
                DACP#83 is a 6
                Medalion has no scale
                Fine cut cleaner at 5
                Medium cut cleaner at 7
                Heavy cut cleaner at 8

Swirl free polish #82 at 3
                Speed glaze #80 at 4
                Swirl Remover #9 at 3
                Machine Glaze #3 at 1
                New car Glaze #5 again no scale
                Show Car Glaze #7 again no scale
                Hand Polish #81 can't tell looks like a 1

Total confusion:

Mike, since your book is not out, how about shedding some light on this for those of us who bought the G100 DA Polisher (Porter Cable).

Starting at #83, those of us who really want to do a great job, what comes next? #82 followed by #7 or #81? I notice #7 is the only one rated not to dry white:p

Of course we all have some NXT Tech wax now, so we will be using it on top of the #7 or #81. Is going over the NXT with Gold Class wax good?

Comment

I saw this post on another thread "
                  NXT seems to give a harder finish than GC and less dust attracting. Dust literally blows off of my NXT finish. GC tends to hold dust better, making it harder to remove
                  I work at a power plant where there is a lot of constriuction, also 300 yards from the 5 freeway so lots of brake dust in the air. The polished cars always look dirty at the end of the day. But I have noticed my car after NXT Tech wax still looks great every day!!!!
                  Much less attraction to dust.

Just one more thing I love about it.

Anyone else notice this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    I have a Detail Day at Meguiar's scheduled for April 24th for the San Diego Mercedes-Benz club, are you connected with them?

If not, I can see how many people plan on attending and maybe we can fit you in.

Mike
                    Mike,

I live in LA, so I'm not affiliated with the San Diego group. If there are any openings in that event, please do let me know as I am very interested in attending.

Even if its just to sit in on the lecture, that would be good enough for me.

Btw, I also sent you an email regarding this and any future events.

Thanks,
                    Danny
                    Danny
                    2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Mike,

I live in LA, so I'm not affiliated with the San Diego group. If there are any openings in that event, please do let me know as I am very interested in attending.

Even if its just to sit in on the lecture, that would be good enough for me.

Btw, I also sent you an email regarding this and any future events.

Thanks,
                      Danny
                      Hi Danny,

Consider yourself invited. Here's the link to the Meguiar's Online Calendar for more information.

Meguiar's Online Calendar for April

(Click on the 24th)

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Danny,

Consider yourself invited. Here's the link to the Meguiar's Online Calendar for more information.

Meguiar's Online Calendar for April

(Click on the 24th)

Mike
                        Mike,
                        That sounds awesome. I can't wait.... Thanks for the invite.

I've already told my fiance that i'm gonna be busy that day, so, all should be good.

Btw, do I need to fill out any form or anything?

Thanks again....
                        Danny
                        Danny
                        2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Hey Mike, I'd like to get on that list as well. I'm interested in learning some sanding techniques and would like to pick up a buffer :0)
                          Peep My Car

Comment

Mike,
                            That sounds awesome. I can't wait.... Thanks for the invite.

I've already told my fiance that i'm gonna be busy that day, so, all should be good.

Btw, do I need to fill out any form or anything?

Thanks again....
                            Danny
                            I have you added to the list. If you want to work on your car, then make sure you wash it before the event.

See you here.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I have you added to the list. If you want to work on your car, then make sure you wash it before the event.

See you here.

Mike
                              No problem.... I'll give it a nice wash the night before.

Thanks again for the opportunity. I'm quite excited & really look forward to the event.

Danny
                              Danny
                              2002 MB CLK430

Comment

If your going to use

"Meguiar’s #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish"
                                do you still need to use the clay?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');