• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Meguiars User!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Meguiars User!

I purchased a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport in May. The paint is in "OK" condition, theres a few cracks in the paint on the hood but Ive learned to live with them.

Recently my dad put some minor scratches on it and in search of a way to get rid of the scratches I stumbled upon several forums on waxing and detailing cars. I had never waxed a car before but I became very excited about trying. After reading several post and reviews I decided to go with Meguiars.

Today was my first Wash/Wax session.
    The products I used were:

Gold Class Car Wash
    Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    Deep Crystal Polish
    NXT Tech Wax
    NXT Insane Shine for the tires

After Almost 5 hours I was pretty tired and my arm was about to fall off, (I did everything by hand) But I loved the way my Truck looked. It's dark blue and it just looked like one big mirror under the trees at the park. Sorry I dont have any pictures. I'll try to take my Girlfriends camera some time this week.

I plan on gettin the NXT Speed Detailer to keep up the shine. I'm just wondering does the Speed Detailer also act as a mild protectant?

Welcome. I'm kinda new too. Not to Meguiar's products, but to the site. Glad to see someone else using Meguiar's. I just detailed my whole car this weekend. It took all weekend. I pressure washed the undercarriage and the engine compartment and I did all the waxing and preping that comes with it. I am very happy with the way it turned out. It looks better then when I bought it. Makes you feel good don't it?
    Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

No, the Speed Detailer adds no protection. The Spray Wax will add gloss and protection. I try to use the Spray Wax after washing.

And if you get a chance to clay your truck, go for it. Best 10 bucks I ever spent, and that was on a brand new car. My dad thought I had just finished waxing it, and all I did was wash and clay. The cleaning/polishing/waxing after that was like a bonus.
      Last edited by Murr1525; Aug 8, 2005, 04:07 AM.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just picked up the Speed Detailer today. I misted it in sections and wiped it off over my whole Truck. it was starting to get kinda dark outside so I cant really say how much of a difference it made, but it seemed to get rid of some of the build up from a day of driving that just wiping it down with a polish cloth wouldn't.

I think I will be using this on pretty much a daily basis from now on.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');