• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax on Tape Stripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax on Tape Stripes?

Hello! I'm a newcomer to the Meguiar's Forums. I have been using Mother's exclusively until recently. I tried NXT Tech Wax on my 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. I wasn't happy with the results I was getting on that car with Mother's. The NXT really works well with the Azure Blue paint. I do have a question however.

The hood and side stripes on the Mach 1 are tape. I have been advised to use only carnauba wax on them and to especially avoid getting any under the edges, as it turns white. Is NXT Tech Wax safe to use on the tape stripes?

I've got to tell you that every Meguiar's product that I have tried so far, I have loved. You guys are steadily converting me. My collection of Meguiar's is growing!

Thanks.
    1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
    1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Hi Stangfan,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I've buffed out a number of these cars and applied Tech Wax right over the graphics with no problems. That said, test a little in an inconspicuous area, make sure you allow to dry and then wipe off and inspect. Make sure it looks okay before waxing over all of the stripes. You might even want to wait a day or two and then inspect your test area.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have been using NXT exclusively on my 03 Azure Blue Mach 1 and use it on the decals on the hood and sides as well as the rear spoiler. I apply NXT with PC and take it off with a microfiber towel. No problems with this set up.
      Mark
      1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
      1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
      2002 F150 Harley Davidson
      2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Have you noticed any buildup under the decal edges from the NXT?
        1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
        1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');