• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heya!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heya!

hee there!

my name is Maarten Pijnenburg and I come from the Netherlands. I own a black [] '98 Honda integra type-R with production number #00003. it's a real rare car here (about 70 in the entire netherlands, and only 2 or 3 of those are black) so I think you won't be suprised if I told you I wanna keep the paint in perfect condition.

it has some scrathes and swirls, and I recently bought the rest of all meguiars products, that are avalible here, I didn't have. so now I have:

nxt car wash
    clay detailer
    scrath-x
    step 1
    step 2
    nxt spray wax
    supreme shine microfiber towels

what would be the best way to apply these products?
    the man where I bought this said start with de nxt car wash wash the entire car, clay it (did that already and used a whole package, damn it was dirty!), scratch-x, step 1, step 2 and then nxt spray wax...
    but is this gonna give me that really wet-look, intense deep gloss? I really don't want good stuff I want the best...
    it's ok NOT to like my type-R I didn't like the kidz who beat me up either

"Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend"

Stupidity is okay, ignorance is not.

Well, there is one big problem with you system,

The Spray Wax is not meant to be the only wax used. It is meant to be used after washing the car to add a little gloss and protection to a good coat of wax.

After using the DC#2, you need to use something like the Nxt paste, or liquid wax to put a good coat of wax on the car.

I am not sure what products you have available, but any of the waxes, like DC #3, Gold CLass, #26, etc will also work. But the Spray Wax will not work on its own.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thank's for your answer!
      tomorrow i'm heading straight to the shop and buy (or order) the nxt paste or gold class...

but if you say the spray wax is only ment for adding just that little extra gloss after washing it, isn't the order of applying it, in the enumeration, wrong?

"Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend"

Comment

Hmm.. not sure which enumeration you mean... Perhaps you could rephrase that question?

Comment

this list:

nxt car wash
          clay detailer
          scrath-x
          step 1
          step 2
          nxt spray wax

I start with nxt car wash.... and end with nxt spray wax... is there something wrong with the order in wich I apply the products.

as example should scratch-x be applied befor the claying or after the step 1 and 2...

Comment

Hi Maarten,

Initially I would drop the NXT Spray Wax and in it's place put a "WAX"............the NXT wax I would then use after future washing, this extends the life/sheen of the wax already on the car

nxt car wash
            clay detailer
            scrath-x
            step 1
            step 2
            WAX
            nxt spray wax DELETE
            supreme shine microfiber towels

I'm also new to this but I think that's correct.

Bryan

PS You would use the Clay then the Scratch X!
            Last edited by Blr123; Aug 9, 2005, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Hi honda integra type-R,

Your order is in the correct order, but Mur1525 is correct in that you need a real wax for the protection step as spray-on waxes are for quick touch-ups.

Check out the below three threads,

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

In the below thread, you can follow the steps and the products used for each step or even substitute different paint cleaners for the cleaning step, pure polishes for the polishing step and waxes for the protection step. If you don't have swirls, scratches or other defects then you can step the cleaning step after claying and go right to the polishing step.

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

If you read this thread you'll be up to speed on the Meguiar's system and probably know more about detailing than most people.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Gee the help & advice you get on here is just sensational

I hope you don't mind me putting my 2p worth in Mike..........just trying to help eh

Bryan
                Last edited by Blr123; Aug 9, 2005, 06:22 AM.

Comment

yeah it really is! thank's guy's!

Comment

Yeah, like Blr123 and Mike said, the 'detailing' is done using the 5-step system you listed.

However, for good car care, you should wash your car every week or two. I wouldnt want to do the full 5 steps every week. That is where the Spray Wax comes in. You can wash your car weekly, and add some gloss and protection, without all 5 steps.

and I think Blr's 2p is worth about 4c these days...

Comment

ooh I get it...
                      however I'm willing to do every 5 steps every 2 weeks, expecially with black and these weather conditions... stupid rain

Comment

You shouldnt need to clay that often, unles you live by soemthing industiral.. train tracks, factory, whatever... but with a mild cleaner like DC#1, you really can do as much as you like.

I'll also throw in a mention for ColorX if you are short on time.. ColorX topped with Nxt is good looking, and a good shortcut.

Comment

It's nice to have another Integra owner around.
                          Quadruple Honda Owner
                          Black cars are easy!

Comment

you got a black one also...?! cool! I looove the black colour on the car, much better than white
                            what's your number? just curious

does yours have 197 bhp stock or 190 bhp? any mods

Comment

I wish mine was a Type-R! It's just a GS-R and it has an AEM cold air intake and HKS Hyper exhaust. If I had just waited about a month it would have been a black R!!
                              Quadruple Honda Owner
                              Black cars are easy!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');