• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete-FWA
    FYI the comparison is between NXT and M026 from the Professional line. Gold Class is a third and very different wax product. Lots of good wax products in the Meguiar's line, aren't there?!
    I know. I was just stating that I use NXT, and commenting on it's quality.
    2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

I prefer the NXT for it's ease of use and high quality output!

But I prefer Hi-Tech wax on my old 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. It makes the black metallic color come out better. It might not last as long, but it sure is nice.

Both (in my opinion) serve differently, but make me happy.
      2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I loved the Gold Class but then used NXT on my black F250 and black car trailer and it just makes it sooooo smooth looking. So I would say I love them both but NXT is Great!

Comment

I love nxt Past wax... It's easy to remove and just rocks on darker colored cars. I've only tried the 26 paste once... managed to sucker my neighbor into letting me borrow a tin he had lying around. 26 was also good just a bit more troublesome to remove in my case.
          Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mejia
            I love nxt Past wax... It's easy to remove and just rocks on darker colored cars. I've only tried the 26 paste once... managed to sucker my neighbor into letting me borrow a tin he had lying around. 26 was also good just a bit more troublesome to remove in my case.
            What's the difference between the paste and liquid version of NXT wax ? (other than the obvious difference )...I must say I've tried both and to me, the liquid goes on easy and comes off easier in my opinion.
            Bill Poirier
            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

can you put both.

i mean they're both solid waxes.

as for now, i feel the NXT is a little deeper. but who knows i'm still a rookie by large.

Comment

Re: Which do you prefer?

Wow.. I put my vote in for #26... this thread has me wanting to get a can of NXT! I have the liquid right now but I really like applying and removing #26.. never had any issues. Something about using pastes just feels right.. if that makes sense. Not that theres anything wrong with the liquids.

I didnt expect a almost 2:1 in favor of the NXT, though.
                ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                --

Comment

NXT paste topped with #26 paste is simply a killer combo!!! NXT is reflective, #26 is wet. Together, they are jaw droppers. And both are excellent products one-by-one too.

Comment

I bought NXT and tried it afew times and I really didn't care for it. It was alright but not great. After I "clean" the paint, I apply 2 coats of #26 and I love it. Awsome reflection and smooooth.

Comment

26 for its easeof use, and imho the gloss it gives. I feel you can't beat it.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I prefer NXT Tech Wax 2.0 , haven't tried 26 yet

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
                          I prefer NXT Tech Wax 2.0 , haven't tried 26 yet
                          Ravi, you will be pleasantly surprised when you try M26. It's nothing like NXT 2.0. Both are good, but the look is entirely different. It's not just a subtle difference either, it's quite noticeable.

I plan on prepping my black GMC for winter this week. I'll try to get some photo's showing the difference between NXT 2.0 and M26. I'll do the entire truck in NXT 2.0 and then I'll try to get some 50/50 shots as I apply M26 on top.

Of course this will be time, sunlight and weather permitting. It would be much easier to do this in a controlled shop environment, but I'll do my best. Hopefully it works out and I can capture the differences with photos to share with you guys.

Comment

I didn't vote since I haven't tried the NXT but I sure like the #26 hi tech yellow wax. Maybe I should try NXT topped w #26 as suggested but I thought I had read that NXT was kind of tricky to use on black. ??

Comment

Originally posted by jreblackGT View Post
                              I didn't vote since I haven't tried the NXT but I sure like the #26 hi tech yellow wax. Maybe I should try NXT topped w #26 as suggested but I thought I had read that NXT was kind of tricky to use on black. ??
                              Not difficult at all!

Comment

Originally posted by dtuna42 View Post
                                Not difficult at all!
                                Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to try that combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');