• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clear/tinted black plastic for center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear/tinted black plastic for center console

I have a 2004 (newstyle) Ford F-150 Lariat and a few months ago when I first got it brand new I'd take it to a car wash place every week. Until I started to be disappointed with the results and found little flaws like what they missed..until one day when they were done washing my truck I got in and looked over to change the radio and saw scratches on the plastic cover where you see the temp comtrols and settings and all that. Along with a big dot as if they sprayed something on the console and it got inside and tried to evaporate but was stopped by the plastic cover and dried up. I never complained or anything, I just never took it to a car wash place again and decided to wash my truck myself. And later got into detailing using no other than trusted Meguiar's products. Well back on subject does anyone have any ideas as to what caused this problem and how to fix it?

Is it the plastic on the radio? I'm trying to figure out what part you are describing.

EDIT: I know what you are talking about now. I think it may need to be replaced.
    Last edited by roushstage2; Aug 9, 2005, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah it looks like this the black plastic peice where the illuminated icons show up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking...just to take it to the dealership it probably wouldn't cost too much. Thanks roushstage2 for trying to help anyway. Sorry about the double post I'm new to this forum I didn't see the edit button.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');