• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Saleen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Nice. Enjoy the Ride!!
    Mark
    1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
    1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
    2002 F150 Harley Davidson
    2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the kind words - I really have been enjoying the new (to me anyway) car. It had 5,800 miles on it when I picked it up - not bad for a '01 car!

Saleen builds these from regular production Mustangs supplied by Ford - in this case a GT - and adds some cool stuff like all the bodywork, a supercharger with intercooler, borla exhaust, 13" brakes on the front, numerous suspension upgrades, wheels, tires etc. Also is a performance tune of the engine which is good for around 400 hp I believe. They are indeed considered to be a manufacturer - the original sticker on this car is produced by Saleen.

I know that Saleen also builds a car from the ground up - the S7, which goes for 250k+. Just a tad out of my price range.

Thanks again everyone - I'll send some more pics up as I get through the detailing process, or just happen to take more!

Comment

Here's a little bit of info about Saleen.
        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          Looks like they build the car from the ground up, from what I saw.
          Are you maybe thinking of the Saleen S7?

The car pictured is most definitely a Ford Mustang that has been modified.

And it looks great! Enjoy!!
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Nice Saleen!

I have a 97 GT, sonic blue (not sure if that's the correct name for the 97) however, I have only seen 1 other Stang between 96-98 in my color. When you see a newer model in sonic blue, that's me in a 97. Have a few mod's myself.. In the future, I will be dropping in an 04 cobra, tranny, pute, and HP twin turbos..
            Being a Detailing business owner, mine is always clean..

Congrats on your new ride! And take care of'er!

As far as the price for the Saleen S7 - they are running approx. $600k
            Last edited by Prestigious; Aug 15, 2005, 08:30 AM.
            "No Risk, No Rewards!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
              Are you maybe thinking of the Saleen S7?

The car pictured is most definitely a Ford Mustang that has been modified.

And it looks great! Enjoy!!
              I saw some Mustangs that looked like they were building them from the ground up, but maybe I was mistaken. They must have been tearing them down, and then rebuilding them to Saleen's specs.
              r. b.

Comment

It's possible that they supply Saleen with "body-in-white's" or you saw some of these somewhere.

These are just the body shells of the Mustangs and you can also buy them from a company whose name has slipped my mind. This is geared towards racing more than a street car as they come with no vin or title as far as I understand but that's not a problem for a company like Saleen.

Saleen is kind of like Rousch in that they modify an already great car to push the limits past what Ford can do in a production vehicle!!

Yes I'm an avid Mustang fan as I have been for a long time!!

Just not too fond of the newer bodies since 1993.

Comment

Originally posted by escape
                  I agree. I'm not much into the newer "retro-stangs." The more I see them they just look gimmicky to me. I like your ride a lot.

Also that is a great color! It does not readily show dirt, but you will find that when you polish and wax it it will have great depth and gloss. It is very similar to Dark Bronzemist Metallic offered by Pontiac. You will love the color!

So, does that thing have a blower?

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

RamairV1,

Yep, it has the blower with intercooler option which is quite a kick in the pants....

Comment

oh my...... i think i have fallen in love....
                      Customdetailers.tk

Comment

Allow me to clarify....

I do have an INCREDIBLE girlfriend.....

Comment

Originally posted by 01sc496
                          RamairV1,

Yep, it has the blower with intercooler option which is quite a kick in the pants....

I'll bet the original owner hated to part with it!

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 01sc496

Well, I guess you could outrun the law in that car!........That is, if you ever take a turn for the worse.

Edit: Here in NC, the Highway Patrol have been driving Mustangs for some time now........Even the local law have one or two!
                            Last edited by rusty bumper; Aug 17, 2005, 07:19 PM.
                            r. b.

Comment

saleen is like the amg of mercedes... just not as cool :P i doubt that saleen mustang can outrun any amg car... well maybe.. ill look into it.

Comment

Well, my dad can beat your dad up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');