• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Saleen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01sc496
    Well, my dad can beat your dad up.

Saleen has several different mod packages for the Mustang, don't they?

What does the S281 designation include? I was behind one today. I can tell it has a modified exhaust, but that's all I know about it.

AMGs took a big bump in HP and TQ starting about 2003! It will take a C6 'Vette or even a Viper to run with most of the AMGs. There are some AMG models that even a 'Vette can't run with.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by LnkPrkSoldier
      saleen is like the amg of mercedes... just not as cool :P i doubt that saleen mustang can outrun any amg car... well maybe.. ill look into it.
      Not really. The Ford SVT Division is like AMG, as it is wholly owned by Ford. AMG is a division of Mercedes. Saleen is an independent manufacturer that modifies the Ford Mustang. They are licensed to do so by Ford, but are not owned by them.
      2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L (RES/NAVI)
      1998 BMW 318ti

Comment

Originally posted by escape
        Not really. The Ford SVT Division is like AMG, as it is wholly owned by Ford. AMG is a division of Mercedes. Saleen is an independent manufacturer that modifies the Ford Mustang. They are licensed to do so by Ford, but are not owned by them.
        So Saleen is to Ford, like SLP or Lingenfelter is to GM.

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Very nice Saleen! My dream is to get a S351 someday but the S281's are still very nice. Im also partial to the Saleen Explorers
          Andy
          Newbie Detailer
          '95 Ford Explorer Sport
          My truck's Meguiar's makeover

Comment

Originally posted by 95Xsport
            Very nice Saleen! My dream is to get a S351 someday but the S281's are still very nice. Im also partial to the Saleen Explorers
            What mods are included in a Saleen Explorer?

RamAirV1
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
              What mods are included in a Saleen Explorer?

RamAirV1
              They only made 120 of them from '98 to '00. Most of them had the 5.0 V8 with an optional supercharger. They also had their own body kit, wheels, and other options. This page has good info
              Andy
              Newbie Detailer
              '95 Ford Explorer Sport

Comment

So Saleen is to Ford, like SLP or Lingenfelter is to GM.

RamAirV1
                Yes.
                2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L (RES/NAVI)
                1998 BMW 318ti

Comment

Originally posted by RLdetail
                  It's possible that they supply Saleen with "body-in-white's" or you saw some of these somewhere.

These are just the body shells of the Mustangs and you can also buy them from a company whose name has slipped my mind. This is geared towards racing more than a street car as they come with no vin or title as far as I understand but that's not a problem for a company like Saleen.

Saleen is kind of like Rousch in that they modify an already great car to push the limits past what Ford can do in a production vehicle!!

Yes I'm an avid Mustang fan as I have been for a long time!!

Just not too fond of the newer bodies since 1993.
                  Not to nitpick, but ROUSH does not have a "C" in it.

I would get a dyno test done to find out how much HP it has, Saleen has been known to over-rate their HP numbers.

Anyways, awesome car man!!!

Comment

Saleen has several different mod packages for the Mustang, don't they?

What does the S281 designation include? I was behind one today. I can tell it has a modified exhaust, but that's all I know about it.

AMGs took a big bump in HP and TQ starting about 2003! It will take a C6 'Vette or even a Viper to run with most of the AMGs. There are some AMG models that even a 'Vette can't run with.

RamAirV1
                    The "S" designates it is supercharged and "281" is the Cu. In. of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2
                      Actually all of the Saleen Mustangs are named S281 whether its N/A or S/C.
                      Andy
                      Newbie Detailer
                      '95 Ford Explorer Sport

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday.

I like that Avatar, is it a concept car? It looks similar to the one on the front of the current Auto Week.

RamAirV1
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Not to nitpick, but ROUSH does not have a "C" in it.

Sorry I should have checked my typing before submitting that !!!

Just to add the Saleen and Roush cars look much better than the Ford models! I'm not a big fan of the newer bodies but they are nicer when done up a little!

Might actually be growing on me!

Comment

Originally posted by 95Xsport
                            Actually all of the Saleen Mustangs are named S281 whether its N/A or S/C.
                            Ah yes. Thx for catching that. S281 is the N/A and the S281 SC is the supercharged one.

Comment

Originally posted by RLdetail

Sorry I should have checked my typing before submitting that !!!

Just to add the Saleen and Roush cars look much better than the Ford models! I'm not a big fan of the newer bodies but they are nicer when done up a little!

Might actually be growing on me!
                              Not a big deal, I just tend to watch for that a little bit.

I like the SN197s too when they have something done to them as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');