• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Tim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Tim!

Thank you for your input!!
    The specks look round to me. Then light bulb went off.
    I have a 7" orbital buffer I have not used much. After rubbing feal hard for a while with DC1 my arm got tired. Out came the buffer and spots started to disappear!!!!!!!!!
    Now working on the whole hood. Still kinda old school though.
    I guess there is a learning curve. What pads should I use? Maybe move on to MG? Suggestions please.
    I have bought NXT Tech Wax paste will probably put that on by hand. Well gonna get back to the hood, thank you and I'll be back when hood is done.

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Hey,

From what you are describing, I would suggest using either Meguiar's ScratchX (by hand only) or Meg's ColorX. Either of these are a good choice. DC#1 is a mild cleaner. So if the spots are coming off with the DC#1 then they should easily come off with either of the other two products I mentioned with my choice going to the ScratchX by hand or ColorX by hand or machine. Then top the paint with 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax. Make sure you use a a clean foam applicator for each step, and use a high quality MF towel for removal.

Here is a link that shows the proper application method of the ScratchX. You need to really work it in until it is almost gone, but not dry.

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Eventually, you would be wise to move up to the G100(PC). With the proper pads and application methods, the G100 will bring paint to a whole new level!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');