• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Black Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Black Mustang

I was finally able to detail my wife's Mustang this past weekend using my newly acquired items form the professional line of products from Meguiar's. I had been using the consumer line and applying everything by hand previously but wanted to see if I could see a difference between the products and using an orbital buffer.
    I must say that I am very pleased with the results and can't wait to tackle my brand new 2004 black F-150.

Here is the procedure I followed:

1. Washed with Gold Class Car wash and dried with the Meguiar's Microfiber Drying Towel (M-9909).
    This was my first time using this towel and I love it. I plan on ordering a few more just as soon as I have the money!

2. Clayed using the Meguiar's clay system.

3. Applied Swirl Remover 2.0(#9) using Porter Cable with Meguiar's Softbuff cutting pad (w-7006) with the speed set to 5. This was removed with a 100% terry cloth towel.

4. Applied Show Car Glaze (#7) again using the P/C with a Meguiar's Polishing Pad (w-8006) with the speed set at 3. This was removed with Meguiar's Microfiber towel.

5. Applied NXT Tech Wax by hand and removed with a Meguiar's Microfiber towel.

6. For the rims, I used Meguiar's Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner (G-9224) with a soft bristle brush to get to those hard to reach places.

7. I used Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss (G-7516) on the tires, applying with an applicator pad and wiping off the excess with an old towel.

8. For the trim I used the Gold Class Trim Detailer (G-10810). I have been using this for a couple of years and really like it. It really brings back the black to all of the trim.

9. For the interior I used the, you guessed it, Meguiar's Gold Class Protectant wipes and the Gold Class Rich Leather wipes.
    After applying these products, I go back over the areas with a towel to wipe off any excess and to help prevent streaking.

10.After all of this was done, I finally was able to have my inspector come out and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Oh, keep in mind that the before pictures are after the car had been through a couple of those automatic washes. I try to avoid these but sometimes the wife just can't wait. The last one she went through used what she said looked like a stiff wire brush across the front of the hood.

before and after
    Gary

Looks Good! You really improved the finish of the car, nothing looks better than a clean black vehicle! I have a '03 Black Ford L and I found that adding a second coat of NXT 12 hours or so after the first really added to the depth of the paint. I just started to use #9 2.0 and have had very good luck with it.

Hope yor wife liked it thats a lot of work... post some pics of your F150 when you shine that up.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');