• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Gold Class picts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Gold Class picts

There was a time when I really loved Gold Class wax. I used to use it all the time on my Corvette. It certainly did the trick for me back then, and I always thought it smelled great!

Here's a friend's GN that I helped him out with. The car hadn't had anything done to it save a few washings for like 15 years. It was always garaged, though. It has about 22k miles on it. I used Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, #7, and then Gold Class liquid wax:

1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Great pictures!!!
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Both vehicles looks great - the colors or rich and deep.
      "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

Nice looking cars Aurora!...Gold Class wax has a good shine to it.
        r. b.

Comment

Good gawd that is a gorgeous GN...and only 22K...I am seriously drooling!!!

I STILL believe that for the money Gold Class wax is truly a great product.
          2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
          Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
          ASC# 1,575
          406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Comment

Man the gn is too sweeeeeeet those cars run the 1/4 mile quick also.Id love to own one.
            2001 ws6 Trans am
            (Blackbird edition #19)
            433rwhp
            409rwt

Comment

you know I don't think that I have ever seen the results of gold class, looks really good!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Both cars look just awesome!! very fast cars of there time too!

Pretty much stomp any Camaro SS, Mustang GT, or Firebird that gets in it's way deadman98

Comment

Gold Class is a great beauty wax. It takes a lot of flack on the forums because it doesn't bead water, and because the beauty results fall off after washing a few times.

But... the beauty results of mos/all waxes fall off after a few washes. That's if you do side by side comparisons on the same exact panels under perfect conditions.

Gold Class is currently the number one selling liquid wax in America. So while some on the forums might not care for it... their neighbors certainly do!. I'll guess the number of bottles of Gold Class sold last year is in the millions?

(Maybe I can ask and find out?)

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I will always keep gc in the arsenal.
                    2001 ws6 Trans am
                    (Blackbird edition #19)
                    433rwhp
                    409rwt

Comment

Wal-Mart have Gold Class for $7. and change - that's half the cost of NXT Tech Wax. I picked up a couple of bottles this morning at that price.
                      "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

Heh, I just figured I'd put the shots up since it's a Meguiar's forum afterall. To tell you the truth, I haven't used my bottle of Gold Class in a few years. I really don't care for it.

Mike is right, it does have an excellent initial look. But I find it can streak easily. It's hard to get it buffed off completely. It isn't particularly slick, and the look drops off much more than other products.

But there was a time I loved it, and I can't argue with how my car looked after a GC session. And it also helped lead me on the path to better products (I ended up trying MPPP next, then #26, and so on, along with doing more prep-work with MPPC and #7)

Gold Class was the first wax on my Aurora:
                        Last edited by Aurora40; Feb 14, 2004, 08:31 PM.

Comment

And here's another shot of the Corvette. This shot was a nice shot, but was scanned from the actual photo after the photo wasn't mint anymore. I really liked that car, but was glad when we got rid of it, and now sort of miss it again...

I don't get why I can't post two photos in the same post...

Comment

Pretty much stomp any Camaro SS, Mustang GT, or Firebird that gets in it's way deadman98 [/B][/QUOTE] I dont think so not even close
                            2001 ws6 Trans am
                            (Blackbird edition #19)
                            433rwhp
                            409rwt

Comment

Picture of my Buick T-type

Hey,
                              I liked the pictures you all posted so I'm going to try and get one of my cars on here. It is a very rare 1985 Buick Century T-type. By the way, nice shot of the Grand National.

Anyway, this isn't the best picture, but it shows how nice the Meguiars cleaner wax works (that's my Accord you can see in the drivers door) and the nice deep color and shine of the Endurance gel on the tires. I will try to post more pics when I clean her again.

Slats
                              -------------
                              John 17:3
                              -------------

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');