• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rough spots..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough spots..

i send my car for the 2 step polish and wax 2 weeks ago. just yesterday while i was slowly inspecting while waxing my car, i noticed that are 4cm by 4cm patches of rough area (which doesnt shine as well). Has that been missed out during polishing? I tried to put the wax on that area but it doesnt seem to shine nor smooth. how can i remove this rough patches and what product should i use?

This is just a wild guess, but it may be clear coat failure.........If you have clear coat paint that is.

Some pictures might be helpful though.
    r. b.

Comment

okay..i will try to take a picture today when i get home. But how would i know if my car has a clear cloat paint ?? Sorry i am quite new into car detailing.

But the feel of that rough patch was what it felt before i send my car for polishing n waxing...rough and unsmooth

Comment

Originally posted by janicekoh
        But how would i know if my car has a clear cloat paint ??
        This should help some.....

r. b.

Comment

Janicekoh, was the rough patch on the car before you send for polishing? Rusty Bumper could be right about the clearcoat failure. Some detailing centers have poor skill on handling rotary buffer, they could have burnt ur clearcoat.
          zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Hey,

It sounds like the clear coat has been compromised in thoses areas. When the clear is gone, the base coat is flat looking. Like Zey mentioned, were the patches there before you had it polished?

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

i would of thought it to be oxidation...i have that on my car...wont shine unless you clean it...but yea clear coat failure is probably it.

Comment

To summarize, it could be as follow:

1) rough spots appeared before detailing - Clearcoat failure. If it's paint oxidation, the detailer could have removed it after polishing.

2) rough spots appeared after detailing - Buffer burn.

Comment

it appeared after i have sent it for car detailing...do u think they might have missed that spot during the polish process? or could it be they burn it?

Comment

Janicekoh, then most probably they could have burnt ur paint. Which shop is it?

Comment

its a shop in PJ, Malaysia called HARRY BRIGHT using meguiars stuff..

so what can i do about this 'burnt' patch?

Comment

Please go back to the shop and ask for explaination from the boss. I'm sure he's willing to sort it out for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');