• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Water Spots and a new maintenance routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Water Spots and a new maintenance routine

Hi -

Can anyone layout the differences between these two products (Hard Water Spot Remover vs Quick Clean Marine) and when you would use one over the other. I live in a area where after a few days on the lake, you end up with some serious water spots. I just got a new boat and I am looking to develop a new routine for keeping the boat in great shape.

The routine I have used in the past is starting with pulling the boat out of the water after several days of use, we immediatly wiped down with a vinagar/water solution. Which is about the best thing I have found to attack the water spots, but it takes wax with it.

The next day I wash it and put on a coat of quick wax (something you have to just rub in, not apply and then rub off)

Repeat this all summer long

At the end of the summer put a good coat of wax on

At the beginning of the summer put a good coat of wax on

Any ideas from the experts out there on better process including products to use.

Well, I'm no expert, but..

The quick clea nsound like it is for a boat fresh out of the water, more to prevent water spotting.

The water spot remover is for those tough dried on water spots.

Based on similarities to the car care line, it sounds like the Quick Wax is soemthing that should be applied over a finish with a coat of wax on it. The quick wax will be more for a little protection and restoring the gloss. One of the liquid or paste waxes should give much better protection, maybe even against the water spots. If you are removing all the previous wax with the vinigar, just using the Quick wax may not be enough.

Do you notice less water spots after the first summer waxing? Does it seem any better protected that first time? Maybe that could make a difference...

Not sure, but hope that helps a little.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Since this is a new boat, 2 - 3 day trips so far, I don't have any past history for this particular boat. I was somewhat suprised that I could not easily get the spotting off, which led me really to this site looking for answers.

The last trip, I used Mequiars Quick wax right after pulling the boat out. It really did very little on the spotting and I ended up using the vinager/water solution. After that failure I went to the website and saw the Hardwater Spot remover and the Quick Clean Marine. Both say they work on water spots.

I don't have any experience with either so I my first question was more about these two, if you use the Hardwater Spot Remover does it take the wax with it. Is this a product that you would or should use each time you pull the boat out. The other question is, was the Quick Clean Marine designed to be used right after pull out and does it take wax with it as well. How well does it really work on waterspots.

Comment

Originally posted by Millertime
        Since this is a new boat, 2 - 3 day trips so far, I don't have any past history for this particular boat. I was somewhat suprised that I could not easily get the spotting off, which led me really to this site looking for answers.

The last trip, I used Mequiars Quick wax right after pulling the boat out. It really did very little on the spotting and I ended up using the vinager/water solution. After that failure I went to the website and saw the Hardwater Spot remover and the Quick Clean Marine. Both say they work on water spots.

I don't have any experience with either so I my first question was more about these two, if you use the Hardwater Spot Remover does it take the wax with it. Is this a product that you would or should use each time you pull the boat out. The other question is, was the Quick Clean Marine designed to be used right after pull out and does it take wax with it as well. How well does it really work on waterspots.
        Quick Clean Marine is a quick detailer. It is to boats what Quik Detailer is to cars. It will not remove wax. It will remove fresh water spots very well, if the finish has been previously waxed with something like #50 or Flagship Premium Wax. It is a super maintenance product.

I would use the Quick Clean Marine right after pullout.

I have not used the Hardwater Spot Remover but would like to know more about it.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');