• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bookmarking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarking?

Greetings!
    A really cool feature would be some way to bookmark or save certain posts. Not that I've seen a forum with it, but honestly, I've not browsed a forum that really needed it like I need these. I suppose it would be just as easy to print the entire topic, or cut and paste, or even the dreaded search thing. I find myself constantly trying to find a reference to something that I've read, but can't remember keywords, etc. Try doing a search on #83 or something like that.

Oh, and when does one become a member as opposed to junior?

Wayne
    Wayne

Still a Junior...

Try doing a search on #83 or something like that.
    It would be a good idea if a person could post 2 or 3 letters or numbers, when doing a search on #83 or 83 instead of having to type more than 3 letters or numbers.

Oh, and when does one become a member as opposed to junior?
    You have to post a certain amount of times before you can move up to "member", and so on. (I think it's either 25 or 50 posts)
    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
      It would be a good idea if a person could post 2 or 3 letters or numbers, when doing a search on #83 or 83 instead of having to type more than 3 letters or numbers.
      Try 83* or #83*

Comment

Originally posted by Bri9801
        Try 83* or #83*
        couldn't get that to work either!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

One way to track certain threads is to click the 'Email Notification' box below each one of your posts. By doing this, you 'subscribe' to that particular thread. If your USERCP settings are set correctly, you'll receive an email notification any time that the thread is replied to... Of course, this can translate into SEVERAL emails each day from meguiarsonline.com telling you that there is new activity within that particular thread but, it also keeps you up to speed on what certain people are saying about certain threads and the thread topics.

Also, once you feel you've heard enough about that particular forum, you can jump into your USERCP settings and simply unsubscribe from notifications by a simple click of your mouse.

I use this feature all the time to track ongoing conversations about products that I'm interested in and also to follow along with threads that I've started or have contributed to...

Give it a try!

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Great idea about the e-mail notifications.
            Thanks!

Wayne
            Wayne

Still a Junior...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
              One way to track certain threads is to click the 'Email Notification' box below each one of your posts. By doing this, you 'subscribe' to that particular thread. If your USERCP settings are set correctly, you'll receive an email notification any time that the thread is replied to... Of course, this can translate into SEVERAL emails each day from meguiarsonline.com telling you that there is new activity within that particular thread but, it also keeps you up to speed on what certain people are saying about certain threads and the thread topics.

Also, once you feel you've heard enough about that particular forum, you can jump into your USERCP settings and simply unsubscribe from notifications by a simple click of your mouse.

I use this feature all the time to track ongoing conversations about products that I'm interested in and also to follow along with threads that I've started or have contributed to...

Give it a try!

RP
              Hi Rockpick,

Since you're a moderator, can you fix it where we can do a search by typing just 2 or 3 characters?...It would make finding a post about 82, or #82 a lot easier
              r. b.

Comment

Hi Rockpick,

Since you're a moderator, can you fix it where we can do a search by typing just 2 or 3 characters?...It would make finding a post about 82, or #82 a lot easier
                Unfortunately, I don't have access to that portion of the site as it's an administrator only section. Further, if I'm not mistaken, the software that we utilize here (vBulletin) is ultimately what determines the search strings and length. I will, however, pass your suggestion on to the admins.

RP
                -The Final Detail-
                Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Thanks RP.
                  r. b.

Comment

Okay, I changed it to (2).

Lynn
                    Lynn Matthews

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn Phillips
                      Okay, I changed it to (2).

Lynn
                      Thanks Lynn...That should help make searches a little easier
                      r. b.

Comment

Now I got it! I did a search on *83* worked very well and got what I wanted... Then I did a search on NXT and only returned one post, then searched for *NXT* worked very well. I guess as rockpick talked about earlier use * in your search and really helps.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks RP.
                          Ask and ye shall recieve!
                          -The Final Detail-
                          Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
                            Ask and ye shall recieve!
                            How about a PC?