• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To: Polish Fogged Over Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To: Polish Fogged Over Headlights

Doing this

And ending with

No bad, huh? Just ultimate compound with cordless drill and el cheap auto store $5 bonnet adapter used for about 5 minute!

Comment

Lookin' good, sontakke.

Can I see the pad up close?
      r. b.

Comment

When I get a chance, I will upload the picture of the pad. It is widely available at hardware stores or auto parts store. The wool bonnet is tied to the rubber backing plate with string, very ghetto but it works with M105 or Ultimate Compound.

I actually ordered something from ebay and it works but needs more effort and the quantity of that paste was quite small. So I improvised with the cordless drill. the wool bonnet and the Ultimate Compound.

- Vikas

Comment

Comment

Thank you very much, sontakke, and I apologize for my late post.

I have a drill very much like yours, too.
            r. b.

Comment

I had been using PlastX on my headlights on my 2003 Grand Am since I bought it in 2004. Recently I have noticed the UV coating starting to flake off and the hazing reappearing. I have swtiched to a different product that does not remove the UV coating. I still use PlastX on other clear plastic, but I would not reccomend using it on head/tail lights if you want to preserve the UV coating.
              Seeing their heads turn as you drive by is payment enough.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');