• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in Makita polishers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Makita polishers?

After looking for the Makita 9227 I found a 9227C, 9227CY, and a 9227CX3.

I looked at all the info on all three pages and the only difference listed is that the last 2 come with a pad.

Is there a difference in these machines or should I contact Makita and get an answer?

I have a Chicago Electric that I bought last year to sand cabinets and I think that between the sanding last year and polishing that I have been doing this week it is about done. Smells like something is burning after I use it for a few minutes and it was howling pretty good last night. I don't see it being worth my time to replace any parts on it since I only paid like $30 for it last year and it has served it's purpose.

Hey,

The 9227C comes with a bail handle.

The 9227CY comes with the side handle

The 9227CX3 comes with the side handle and a couple of extra pads.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I didn't even notice the handles!!!!

So the machine part is all the same I'm guessing so I'll be checking around for one!

Thanks

Comment

RLdetail, in terms of the spindle thread size, there are 3 versions:

US - 5/8" 11 UNC

Europe - M14 X 2

Asia - M16 X 2
        zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Well I would think that in the U.S. that they would all be 5/8-11 but I'll be sure to verify when I get one!

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

One more thing:

Do these have a variable speed switch as well as the dial?

I've found lately that there are spots I would like to slow down a little without taking my hand off of the machine,

I've been using my piece-o-junk a lot more lately and I'm starting to like it more and more!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLdetail
              One more thing:

Do these have a variable speed switch as well as the dial?

I've found lately that there are spots I would like to slow down a little without taking my hand off of the machine,

I've been using my piece-o-junk a lot more lately and I'm starting to like it more and more!!
              My Makita 9227 has a thumb dial on top and a variable speed trigger. I really like my Makita rotary, though I have not tried others, because it is easy to use (with some practice), well built and ball bearing construction.

Does anyone know the part number the makita side handle?

What does the burning smell like that is comeing from your CE rotary?

Eric
              Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Woohoo! Finally I get my W-64 5" backing plate to be rethread to M16X2 from 5/8"-11UNC. Now it fits perfectly on my Asian Makita!

Before:

After:

*This is the only choice I can choose since Meguiar's doesn't produce any backing plates for M16X2 spindle thread.
                Last edited by zey; Sep 5, 2005, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks!!
                  I really wanted the variable speed trigger!
                  Now I'll go ahead and order one!

Originally posted by Teak
                  What does the burning smell like that is comeing from your CE rotary?

Eric
                  It's kind of like the brushes are getting hot or like a hot piece of electrical equipment without the smoke.

I know that it didn't do this before but I have noticed it in the last week. Also the bearings sound like they are going as it makes a nasty noise when running. But after looking at rotary info I noticed that a lot of people that buy them also say they are loud and sound bad so maybe it's a trait of the machine. It could also be that the insides are full of sanding dust and causing the smell now that I think of it!

I want a good buffer so I'll buy a new one and send this one on it's merry way. And I'll never use the new one for sanding!

Again thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                    Hey,

The 9227C comes with a bail handle.

The 9227CY comes with the side handle

The 9227CX3 comes with the side handle and a couple of extra pads.

Tim

Just got my 9227C, it came with BOTH handles and a hook&loop backing plate.

Tom
                    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Finally Mosca, I'm feeling excited over the arrival of your rotary buffer. Please share with us about your learning experience. It's definitely the tool for paint correction.

Comment

Re: Difference in Makita polishers?

Originally posted by zey View Post
                        Woohoo! Finally I get my W-64 5" backing plate to be rethread to M16X2 from 5/8"-11UNC. Now it fits perfectly on my Asian Makita!

Before:

After:

*This is the only choice I can choose since Meguiar's doesn't produce any backing plates for M16X2 spindle thread.

hey zey, how are you?

can you explain how you managed to re-thread the backing plate from a 5/8"-11 to m16x2?

thank you... salamat ng marami.

Comment

For those of you who own Makitas, here's a handy website if you need replacement parts: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/mak...7_103_104.html

Comment

Congrats buddy

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');