• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Grill

I was looking at this item on Ebay.

It's inserts placed onto the grill to make it chrome. Does anyone have something like this, I was wondering what the quality is and if it really stays on with adhesives. It's for my black Lexus RX300

edit: I cant get the link to work... I probably missed something Ok for some reason the link becomes corrupt when I copy paste. Basically it's chrome strips that go over the existing grill with adhesive tape to make it look like a chrome grill.
    Last edited by sean; Aug 27, 2005, 05:49 PM.

i am looking for a grill too and to just get the inserts is not worth it. i am going to get this grill for my benz 300e when i feel like it. just tired lately and not sure if i want to throw that much into just a grill. im not even sure if i want to keep this car.

plus if i just buy the strips on mine it would still look odd as the original grille looks brittle

Comment

I bought a grill a while back and it was nice.

The Dog kept grabbing it by the gas line and pulling it across my driveway. I tried telling it no, I even yelled at it a bit. I replaced the gas line twice.

Then I covered the gas line in a metal mesh, but the dog ripped that off and tore the gas line again. Third replacement.

So, I got an electric fence machine the cheapest one for only $35 and installed that on the grill. The wife said it was mean and was ticked off at me. To demonstrate it wasn't mean, I had to shock myself three times before she finally agreed to allow me to install it on the grill. I am glad she didn't make me shock myself 4 times as I don't think I would have done it the 4th time. Each time I touched it the shock seemed to hurt more.

After the dog bit the gas line it got a zap. It ran to the other side of the yard and now barks at the grill. I have already disconnected the Electric Fence unit from the grill as I don't need it anymore. The Dog no longer bites the gas line or moves it aroudn in my drive way. It even seems to keep its space from the grill. It sort of gives it a wide birth and walks around it.

Comment

Haha jbirk think youre talking about something else, but funny indeed. Anyway, I decided not to get the inserts since I found out that all it is, is pieces of rubber chrome colored tape that you stick onto the grill. Pretty much junk is what it is.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');