• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Do you use 100% Meguiars products? If not about what % is Meguiars. For the products that aren’t Meguiars please explain why you use them and not Meguiars.

I am not asking about products others make that Meguiars doesn’t have an equivalent to. For example I use a fabric protector not made by Meguiars because Meguiars doesn’t make one.

Thanks
    yes, 100% Meguiars
    36.11%
    about 75% or most of my stuff is Megs
    46.85%
    about 50% or half of my stuff is Megs
    9.78%
    25% or less
    7.26%
    Last edited by Superior Shine; Aug 27, 2005, 10:04 PM.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

I use mostly Meguiars but not 100%.

I can only think of three items that arn't Meguiars-

1. micro fiber- I found very good towels in bulk at a pretty good price.

2. Odor eliminator, I have been using a brand since before Meg. came out with theirs. I havn't tried Meguiars yet.

3. DA backing plate, I perfer the mirka plates which has an aliance with Meguiars so this one almost dosnt count.

Otherwise all my paint cleaners, polishes, protectants, degreasers, window cleaner, etc... are Meguiars!
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I'd say I am about 75-80% meg's. I use some select products from the Clearkote and Poorboy's lineup when there is no way to avoid the sun. I use VM on every car I do, I just love the stuff.

Comment

I could say that.

Hi Superior.

For all the exterior (exept rims), I use only Meguiars. As for carpets and convertible tops, I'm still experimenting.
        I have just purchased a steam-cleaner, to try out on floor-carpet, etc.
        Here in Norway we have a household-product called "Grønnsåpe" or "Greensoap". It is made out of natural plantoils and is exellent for getting off "impossible" dirt-spots, like old stains, grease and even paint-spots on vinyl and leather. Off course, I use Meguiars Leather-Conditioner after, and Cleaner for maintenance.
        For engine compartment and rims I use a degreaser made by "Biltema" It's cheap and works great, getting oil and dirt of the motor and brake-dust off the rims. I Since I haven't been able to get hold of any similar products from Meguiars here, I'm not able to compare yet.
        Last edited by Wingsof66; Aug 28, 2005, 01:25 AM.

Comment

100% all the way

Comment

About the only thing that is not Meguiars is my PC and some microfiber towels... I am in the process of changing over to all Megs towels.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

All Meguiars except for my PC and Costco Microfiber towels -
              Ultimate bonnets, 4 pads, backing plate, #80, #83, #20, #21, #9, NXT Tech Wax, NXT Speed detailer, NXT Glass Cleaner, Insane Tire, Wheel Cleaner, NXT Car Wash.......I think that's all that is in my kit - - - Wife says "Enough"

Mike
              2004 MazdaSpeed Miata
              2003 Honda Accord
              2002 Dodge Durango
              2003 Monterey LS190 Boat with 5.0L
              1999 Kabota Tractor w/ Loader

Comment

Probabily around 60 to 70 percent. Really depends on the car. Some cars I will use 100% meguiars, other I mix. Still use a lot from p21s, wheel cleaner, wax, and cleaner. Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner, also their interior carpet cleaner. Microfibers from another company. Wolfgang tire gel, 303 protectant/ top cleaner. Some other stuff. Meguiars has many equals in products, but I like the other stuff so I stick with it.

Comment

Everything except glass cleaner, I use Stoners. Until I can get the new NXT glass cleaner here in Canada.
                  If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

Since this summer, I try to get nothing but Meguiar's.
                    But, since there's no cleaning accessories available here in stores, I have to get some others brands for MF towels, wash mit, pads and things like that.

For the wheels and tires, I use SprayNine because it's way cheaper than Meguiar's Hot Rims. I've never tried this HotRims stuff though.

As for the interior, I have the Mother's Preserve spray. It smells nice and did a great job for the kind of plastic I had in my last car. For my new Pursuit I still use only water to preserve the new car smell. I may start to use NXT interior spray during the winter.

But one this is for sure, next time I go see my aunt in Connecticut, I'll get myself a bunch of Meguiar's cleaning accessories and products.

Comment

I use 100% Meguiars products with the only exception (I don't even think it counts) of using a bunch of hand held size terry towels that I love to use when A.P.C.ing the interiors. The larger ones get in the way, so I picked up a **** load of the smaller ones from a local store. I consider these more my dirty job toweling/ rags.
                      Rangerpowersports.com
                      Ranger72

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm about 90ish%.

I wonder if that man Phillips will be close to that eh

Thanks
                        Bryan

Comment

I use about 75% Meguiars. Non Meguiars items would be microfiber towels, buy in bulk cheaper, and QEW wash (not sure this counts tho). Since #16 is no longer made I have acquired carnauba waxes from differant companies to expierment with and see which ones I like. Also I have been trying pc pads from another manufacture, again to expierment and see what I like.
                          Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

I'd say about 50% Meguiar's.

Joe, where do u purchase the Mirka plates at? Online or...? I've not been pleased with Meguiar's backing plates and have been using Porter Cables. I'd like to give the Mirka plates a try.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

On my car, 100 % Meguiars only.

I'd say about 95% of my stuff is Meguiars. I have some Eagle One Tire Wet (got 2 cans for $.99 ea.), and my other leftover products from before I switched to Meguiars (RainX Car Wash, EO Wet Wipe and Shine, etc) that I use on my other vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');