• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

I'd say currently I'm at 75%. As I run out of the non-Meguiars stuff they get replaced with Meguiars products... so I'll be on my way to 100% soon hopefully!
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

I'm getting there. I think the only products I have that aren't Meguiar's are the MF towels and the Armor All tire gel.

Comment

I don't use the MF towels or the quick detailing products. Vroom MF towels from Target are my favorite, along with my all-time favorite QD - Turtle Wax Ice (old Wax Shop Slick Stuff formula).

But after toying around with other products, I use Gold Class soap, Quick Clay, DC1/ScratchX, DC2/#7, and NXT 2.0. I'm still getting a hold of the PlastX, as it's not working as well as I want it to by hand on my headlights.

I'm thinking about purchasing a DA, so I'm torn between the Meguiars version, PC, or go "big boy" and get a Flex. My dad found a hood for me to work on, so I'm ready to practice.

Comment

100% Meguiar's 100% of the time.
          Detail Werks
          Derek Bemiss
          SEMA/Ford Care Care Team Leader 2004 through 2012.

Comment

100%.

Except for microfiber wheel towels. I just can't imagine getting a new Meg's SS Microfiber all black and dirty!!!

Comment

80% to 85% Meguiars . I LIKE TO USE 3M TO DO THE HEAVY CUTS AND TO REMOVE SAND SCRATCHES AND MEGUIARS TO FINSH THE REST OF THE WAY .

Comment

About 50% of my collection is Meguiar's stuff, and the remainder is a mix of other brands - Menzerna, Duragloss, Collinite, Pinnacle, Poorboys, 3M, Protectall, P21S, S100, Optimum, Lake Country, and a handfull of others. I will say that as a product line, Meguiar's offers the most complete line, and has never let me down.

Comment

It's Impossible to be a 100% Meguiar's user being a commercial detailer.
                  Some of the best carpet cleaning products are made by Spartan chemical
                  and 3M makes some nice stuff too...

Breaks down to 94% Meguiar's 6% other....
                  Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                  ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                  (269)650-2242

Comment

I mostly use Meguiar's but I've got some different microfibre towels, pads and a different wheel brush.
                    Meguiar's addicted!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
                      It's Impossible to be a 100% Meguiar's user being a commercial detailer.
                      Some of the best carpet cleaning products are made by Spartan chemical
                      I'll have to check them out!
                      AeroCleanse, LLC
                      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I mostly use meguiars stuff.

I use some Auto Glym stuff because I try and stay at least a little loyal to my country. Their super resin polish is good, along with the silicone spray (it protects plastics and vinyl, gives a nice matt shine and smells of apples!).

Other than that its megs for everything!

Comment

Most all is megs except my stoners IG, some Target MF's and Wal-Mart terries and my Porter Cable DA.

Have found megs to be my go to products and the more I work, the more I see great results. The new products are exceptional!
                          Have you diminished your abrasives today?
                          Wilson's Precision Detailing

Comment

All of the detailing chemicals that I use are from the Meguiars line except tire dressing. My husband buys it in bulk for his store from a different supplier, so that is what I use. I do use Costco microfibers, the cost can't be beat. Although I have some Lake County pads that came with my PC, I don't like them as well as the Meguiars pads. I haven't tried Meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner yet. My saddlemaker recommended Bee cleaner/conditioner and I use that on saddles and auto interiors.

Comment

I love Meguiar´s, mainly as for refined half and finish. In some cases I use cheap MF´s (mainly for the interior, motor and heavy tasks), I have even used products of 3M for their cut power and when the time of delivery is a factor to take into account.

Most of my favorite chemists are of the line Detailer but don't forget that in my country (Mexico) we don't have the variety that I would like to find.

Comment

Im about 85-90% meguiars products. Its great to be able to have the product when I run out of them I can pick them up the same day at the local part store or a local retailer, and not to wait for ups/ fed-ex to drop off.
                                -- www.fquick.com/TRIPOWER --

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');