• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Wow! I started this post almost four years ago!
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Before i discovered Meguiar's,i used to use another well known brand of car care products.Their line is very good.The first time i applied Meg's to my car,though i noticed a whopping difference.(about 8 yrs ago).

My vote is true in the sense that,if i could get every meg's products here i would,but unfortunatley i can't.

The only one i wouldn't buy again is quik wax.It didn't work for me,but i hear the UQW is much improved. I prefer the QDing line anyway,so it's still 100% for me!

Comment

Most of my stuff is Megs

Comment

I still have a couple lingerers (other brands) that i can't seem to get rid of. I'll probably end up giving the stuff away as i don't use it anymore, it just sits there taking up space.
          Alex C.

Comment

I didn't have a lot of Meg's stuff when I first joined MOL. Now I'd say that just under half of my stuff is Meg's. Must have more!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I would say ~90% of my detailing supplies are Meguiar's products. Westly's Bleche-Wite, Nevr-Dull, 3m glass cleaner and generic MF wash mitts (though I sometimes use my Meguiar's Gold Class Plush mitt), Stoner's IG, Gunk engine degreaser gel, Eagle One tire swipes, miscellaneous brushes for wheels, interior vents and engine detailing.
              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
              Calais Auto Detailing
              CalaisDetails@aim.com
              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I think I voted %75 but my collection is about %80-90.
                no Meguiars brushes , gunk degreaser, CD2, eagle one tyre swipes, a powerball mini…
                and my first detailing stuff I ever bought- IG, and rainX.

I have some more products from different brands but I don't use them anymore.
                Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

My entire closet is a warehouse of Meg's supplies. Everything seems to be equally distributed between Consumer, Mirror Glaze and Detailer-Line stuff. However, the Detailer-line supplies take up the most physical space, as I have many gallons of the awesome stuff, stacked in crates .

As for the non-Megs stuff...

I'm still searching for a good leather cleaner & conditioner that is easy to use and non-greasy. I want soft, supple, quality new-car-appearance leather. Not apple-smelling slip 'n slide leather that reflects the sunlight like a teenager's sweaty forehead.

I do use APC 4:1 on tires, but I have, and prefer Westley's Bleche-Wite. It works faster and better.

MFs: Zwipes in the 36-pack off Amazon work just fine for a very reasonable price.

DA Pads: I'm not a fan of SoftBuff 2.0's; primarily the yellow Polishing Pad.
                  I've since purchased a few 5.5'' Lake Country CCS DA pads and can't wait to try them out.

Stronger Polishes: I've had bad luck with M105 on the DA. I have a feeling that the weak link was more the Yellow SB2 pads than m105, but I'm almost willing to try some alternative polishes...maybe UNO HD (or w/e it's called, or Menzerna SIP, etc).

If anyone looked in my closet though, they would think my name was Barry Meguiar .

Comment

Everything I use is meguiars except for some of the microfiber towels, and products meguiars doesn't compete with. Meguiars does not have their own brand of grit guards for example.

I have about 10 meguiars microfibers and 24 of the ADS microfibers. I use the meguiars for the paint and the ADS for the interior, glass, tires, etc. If the job is extra dirty I have a 4 large vroom MF towels I can grease up.

As far as car wash, wax, quick detailer, everything of that sort is meguiars. Before I joined the forum my garage was scarce of car care products. You might find one bottle of wax and some car wash soap in the entire garage but you would have to dig for it.

Comment

50%

Unfortunately I have found that here in Central Fl some other waxes and cleaners work and hold up much better. One such product is "Royal Blue" which is bought on line or at car shows. NXT has been a dissapointment for me personally.

Comment

I would say 80% is Meguiar's... is hard to find SShine MF towels (which the few I have are precious and exclusive for my paint) and pads in local stores, also the car shampoo is turtle wax ice, and the rubber and plastic trim detailer is black magic
                        Even stuff that I don't use is Meguiars, like the Chrome polish... I don't have any chrome in my car
                        But the rest like C/Wax, DC2, GC paste, HotRims Alluminium, tire shine, QD, UQD, Carpet cleaner, QI detailer, ScratchX, SwirlX, clay.... Meguiar's all the way!!

Comment

I only use meguiars foam and wool pads along with many other brands of foams
                          Don't use any meguiars liquid products. I've tested ninety brands in every conceivable way and tbh - meguiars products just didn't impress me though thats not to say that people cant get a world class finish with them.
                          Just personal preference.

There's more to paint care than abrasively removing it.
                          Reflowing paint, softening it for easier correction, hardening it, burying orange peel, amplifying the colour richness are things that the meguiars products couldnt do for me unlike those I do use.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Glossy View Post
                            I only use meguiars foam and wool pads along with many other brands of foams
                            Don't use any meguiars liquid products. I've tested ninety brands in every conceivable way and tbh - meguiars products just didn't impress me though thats not to say that people cant get a world class finish with them.
                            Just personal preference.

There's more to paint care than abrasively removing it.
                            Reflowing paint, softening it for easier correction, hardening it, burying orange peel, amplifying the colour richness are things that the meguiars products couldnt do for me unlike those I do use.
                            Would you care to elucidate what products, exactly, you do use that you are impressed with? Also: have you tried M105, I've noticed some guys that down right don't like the Meguiar's product lines must admit that M105 is some pretty amazing stuff. I would be surprised if you didn't like M105; but to each his own.
                            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                            Calais Auto Detailing
                            CalaisDetails@aim.com
                            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I Use all the Meguiars products from washing to maintaining it...
                              NXT Generation Car wash, Ultimate Quick Detailer, Ultimate Quick Wax,
                              Microfiber Wash Mitt, Supreme shine microfiber towel, Scratch x,
                              Gold Class Endurance high gloss, Ultimate compound, Deep Crystal system Polish,
                              NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover,
                              Quik Interior Detailer,NXT Generation Glass Cleaner, Plastx clear plastic cleaner & polish, Gold Class Trim Detailer, G220 dual polisher, water magnet microfiber drying towel, Soft buff cutting pad, Soft buff polishing pad, Soft buff finishing pad,
                              detailing clay, Ultimate wipe detailing cloth, MEGUIARS TRIPLE DUTY DETAIL BRUSH MULTI CLEANING

I think that's all..

Comment

Mostly Meguiars but my towels are from various brands and I prefer Mothers Tire Shine over others I've tried in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');