• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

I have mostly Megs stuff but wish they had some wheel wax.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Yeah, im 100% Meguiars customer!

Unfortunately Meguiars dont sell water to wash my car lol

My Meguiars products on garage:

Comment

There are too many inovations in chemical products to use only one company's products with the exception of Warner Chemicals
        ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by TOGWT View Post
          There are too many inovations in chemical products to use only one company's products with the exception of Warner Chemicals
          Is this the correct web address for them? It seems to have a problem.

Forgot - yes I'm nearly 100% Meguiar's. Still looking for that perfect clear bra product.
          Last edited by wifpd4; Jul 12, 2010, 04:52 AM. Reason: needed comment with relevance to topic

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

I'm slowly converting to 100% Meguiars (waiting for everything I bought before to run out) with the exception to some black magic products (wheel care, smells just as good as meguiars )

Comment

I started initially at a 100% Meguiars user (mostly consumer line) then it went down because I was curious to try other stuff. Also with time I discovered a real passion for detailing so I bought more and more products just for the curiosity of trying different things. Also increasing the collection of Meguiar's Professional line, Ultimate line at the same time.

I would say now that my collection is about 50% Meguiar's and I have a lot of stuff from Malco, AutoGlym and Pinnacle.

For the price I find that Meguiar's is pretty much unmatched, Malco is also very good with similar prices but I find Meguiar's is putting more efforts and thoughts behind their products and always come with new stuff that we can rely on and proven to be efficient. I do have a 7424XP but I prefer to work by hand with the handjobber grip for more control. Ultimately I find that Pinnacle offers the best stuff around but at very high prices.

I made a list of my favorite products on my black CTS (totally subjective) :

Favorite detailer for surface prep \ clay: Meguiar's original Quick Detailer.
              Favorite detailer with wax: Pinnacle Crystal Mist (unbelievable on dark cars)
              Favorite spray wax: Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax
              Favorite Paste Wax: AutoGlym High Definition Wax
              Favorite Liquid Wax: Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. NXT 2.0 is very good too
              Favorite Polish: Malco Nano Care Polishing Creme
              Favorite Compound: Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
              Favorite Car Wash: Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
              Favorite Tire Dressing: Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel
              Favorite "All-in-One": Malco Cleaner Wax
              Favorite detailer for interior: Meguiar's Quick Detailer Interior
              Favorite leather conditioner: Malco Leather Conditioner
              Favorite trim detailer: Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant (awesome!)

It's pretty much spread into several brands but I always keep an eye on what Meguiar's is coming up with. I like the Odor Eliminator and the new Ultimate Protect, became a favorite right away !
              Since I mostly work by hand I bought today the Polishing Compound. I will also soon get the Rubbing Compound. Very curious to try these new products ! Will post reviews.

cheers and thanks Meguiar's for the great products !

Comment

I have to say 99%.

Over my years, I've tried some many different products that I should have been given multiple sets of 'Ginzu Knifes'. I just kept AND keep coming back to Meguiars.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Comment

I use nothing but Meguiar's products except for Invisible Glass. I will eventually get some of the D-line glass cleaner, but for now I love Invisible Glass. Actually, I will eventually get everything to be either from the D-line or Mirror Glaze.
                  http://www.facebook.com/SuperiorDetails
                  http://www.superiordetails.time2detail.com/

Comment

I would have to say I use 99% Meguiar's products. The only things that arent meguiars are my window cleaner (I've been hooked on stoner since before I found Meguiar's products) and the Microfibers I use on the interior. All my chemicals and exterior microfibers are all Meg's though. I would never use another product!

Comment

I would have to say 90% of my products are Meguiars. I just recently picked up the motorcylce line and am waiting to use it. The only things that I dont have Meguiars is the grit gaurd, stoner glass cleaner, and interior detail towels. I wish to only be an exclusive Meguiars user but either I am going to have to convince walmart or autozone or similiar to carry Megs glass cleaner. Maybe I will throw down and order Megs glass cleaner with my next online purchase.
                      Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
                      2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
                      2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

90%.

The non-Meguiars products I use are microfiber towels and Clay bar.

In Brazil both products from Meguiars will cost twice or more than 3M and produces the same results for that I need.

Have also one bottle of 3M liquid wax that I'm not using anymore. I do prefer #26.

Regards!

Comment

I Use Meguiars 80 percent of the time and the other times I use mothers because it's very close to Meguiars and it costs a little less. I will some times buy cheap microfibre towels just a cost saver. And I also use some 3M products like there compound and there polish and it's a price and Quality balance. Not only that some Meguiars products have 3M products in them anyways.

Comment

I am in the process of converting over to Meguiars. My Waxes, paint cleaners, polishes, and detail sprays are Meguiars, the tire shine, and interior protectors are not. But they will be soon, One I can get my other stuff used up!
                            I've been told I'm obsessed with my car, but I've got the cleanest car on the block!

Comment

I'm 99% megs until my bottle of Mother's Back-To-Black runs out, then it's on to Ultimate Black and 100% Meguiars!

Comment

I am currently about 90% Megs. I have some 'other brand' car shampoo & glass cleaner to use up. But once they need replacing, it will be Megs that I buy!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');