• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blr123

I wonder if that man Phillips will be close to that eh

Thanks
    Bryan
    Mike better say 100%!!!!!!!

I get my baking plates from an auto body supply store, el monte auto body supply, 626-448-6137
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I use mostly Meguiars' products.

I have been experimenting with the Sonus brand some.

I like to buy my cotton terry towels locally, since textile outlets are abundant around here. I found some 100% Egyptian cotton towels at Plej's for $1.50 a-piece.

Edit: I get my tire applicators at the Dollar Tree @ 3/$1.00.
      Last edited by rusty bumper; Aug 29, 2005, 06:13 AM.
      r. b.

Comment

About 60-70% of my products are Meguiars. I am trying to make it about 90% but I need to use the non-Meguiars products first.
        Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

Also alll Meguiars except for my PC and Wally World Microfiber towels that I use for the wheel wells and a few other dirty or grease filled (like the metal that curves under) spots.....
          Purdue Gear head

Comment

As far as chemicals Meguiar's all the way. The only non Meguiar's stuff I use are my assortment of towels which consists of some cheap cotton towels I got a big bundle of at a swap meet for $10. These are relegated only for the dirty jobs. Then I have some decent nice and nappy terry towels I use mainly for interior stuff. Then there are the Costco Microfibers which are used for general purpose and finally the good unknown brand microfibers I use for paint only.

I tried a few other wax's but they were all nothing compared to the Meguiar's stuff so I gave up trying other things because the results with Meguiar's always turns out better.

Ohh yeah, I use eagle one tire dressing applicators because that's what they have at the auto parts stores.
            Later,
            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

My stuff is all Meguiars.Right down to my bucket and carrying case for the products.Just something about looking at my shelf unit and seeing the same brand on each shelf in uniform.
              2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
              Show Car Detail

Comment

I learned how to get the results I want from Menzerna Intensive and Final Polishes before I ever used Meguiar's anything.

Since it's not really about what products you use but about the results you get, I do find myself going back to that which gives me those results. I've used the comparable Meguiar's products and gotten excellent results, however when the chips are down, I still pull out the ones I'm most familiar with.

Just about everything else inside and out is Meguiar's. I buy #40 by the gallon. I use Meg's pads exclusively with the PC. The mf towels are my "go to" towels. I love the "Meguiar's Family" look for the LSPs. For spot correcting it's ScratchX, for anything stronger than IP it's the high #80s.

I've purchased other stuff, but never broken the seals on the bottles.

Tom
                As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

hey everyone,
                  I am happy to say that I am a 100% user of Meguiar's products.
                  From towels, car wash, polishes, compounds, and waxes.
                  I truely love this stuff.

Andrew M. Parshall
                  2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

I'd say right now I'm at 80%. The only reason it isn't higher is because I can't find the NXT glass cleaner, or metal polish, and once I run out of wheel cleaner, I plan on switching to hot wheels.

The only other products I use, as others have stated are wal mart brand towles for door jams, interiors, engine clean ups.

other then that, it's to meguiars

Comment

Now that I'm in business for myself, almost 100%. You can't beat the money/performance value. Except for a couple waxes, I use all Meguiars. I still experiment with other brands (mostly to use up what I have) but I always come back.

Comment

I for got to mention I am always ordering Meguiars products at work (amusement park)... for detailing our rides, we are about 75% Meguiars. Today I just ordered 4 gallons of #59 and 4 gallons of #26!
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I bought my PorterCable polisher from a local retailer and use a regular 5 gallon bucket for washing. Everything else is 100% Meguiar's
                          Andy
                          Newbie Detailer
                          '95 Ford Explorer Sport
                          My truck's Meguiar's makeover

Comment

I'm at about 80%.

I buy bulk mf towels locally that work very well and also terry towels for cleaning up where the mf shouldn't be!

None of my washing supplies are Megs except the mit and soap.

That's all I can think of besides Rain-X and fabric protectant.

Comment

Non-Meguiars stuff:

1. PC 7336-SP
                              2. Assortment of cheap towels for dirty jobs.
                              Alex
                              '01 Blk Max. SE
                              '03 Blk G35 Sedan (GF's car)

"Hooked on Clay"

Comment

about 50% megs. as far as paint products are concerned. A few items from poorboys (which i really like), a few items from 3M. cleaning supplies are a hodge -podge of stuff from just about any major retailer you can think of...even JC Penney (good sale on cotton towels a while back. only use these to dry...never been a big MF fan).
                                Armand
                                ++++++++++++
                                '02 Lex. GS 300/silver

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');