• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say I am a 80%-90% Megs user. Ive only been "car-crazy" for about a month or so, so I had some residual products. I use Armor-All Extreme Tire Shine Gel. Had a sample of it and liked it. Easy to put on, not very glossy. Like tanning lotion instead of tanning oil? I really dislike the glossy tire stuff, so this one really suits me. A nice easy "ketsup" type squeeze bottle too. Like it alot. I use regular white cotton bath towels to dry my car with, although thats just because Ive been too lazy to go out and get a Water Magnet! For glass I just dry it with the towel like its part of the car then buff out any spots with a crappy MF towel I got, works for me. I use, DC1,2, NXT QD, Liquid Wax, Easy Applicator Pads, High Tech Applicator Pads for the wheels and "less clean" trim, a MF I got with my Smooth Surface Clay Kit (which is great btw!) and a Ultra Plush Super Terry (?) for my final wipe. Thats about it for now, more to come soon though! Summer is here in San Diego! Need to enjoy it before I move to rainy Virginia Beach
    Oh, and GC car wash too!

Comment

I use 90 % of the products I use chamos and terry towels from BJ's

Comment

95% Megs user. The only things that are not are microfiber towels (although I use mostly Meguiars) and wash mits.
        There is never a right time to do the wrong thing.

Comment

im about 50% almost all of the stuff i buy is from a meguiars dealer aka dealergoodies.com and they also sell auto magic products. im sure after the detailing class in mechanicsburg will have me changing some of my supplies.
          b.t.w dealergoodies doesnt do retail sales i guess thats one of the pluses of having a detailing business. you can get stuff a little cheaper

Comment

99.99....the only product I use that isn't meg's is a all metal polish that comes in a can with the cloth and paste in one. All u do is break/rip of a couple of inchs and polish exhusts/air filter covers/forks/chrome/handle bars ect.....

Everything else is Meg's.

Comment

Well I clicked 100% as I am close to that than I am the next choice.

Non Meguiars :

MF Towels ( most are Costco, I have a few Megs )
              PC
              2 spray bottles ( Now filled with Final Inspection Detailer )
              2 hand towels 100% terry cloth from JC Pennys, these are better than anything I use in my house.
              2 Bath Towels as above caught on sale B1G1Free

Megs Stuff:

NXT Paste Wax
              NXT Liquid Wax
              NXT All Metal Polish
              NXT Glass Cleaner
              NXT Insane Tire Shine
              NXT Spray Wax
              Deep Crystal Car Wash
              DC #1
              DC #2
              Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating
              ScratchX
              MG #4
              MG #16
              MG #21
              MG #40
              MG #80
              MG #83
              MG #7006 Pad
              MG #8006 Pad ( 7 )
              MG #9006 Pad ( 2 )
              #64-DA Backing Plate
              #64 Backing Plate
              Quick Clay Kit
              GC Even Coat Applicators
              GC Applicator Pads ( 8 )
              GC Micro Fiber Bonnets ( 4 )
              Grit Guard
              GC Rich Leather Spray
              GC Quick Interior Detailer
              GC Quick Interior Wipes
              MG Plastic Quick Detailer
              MG Plastic Cleaner
              MG Plastic Polish

Hummm too much stuff and I think I forgot some of it...... Are you sure there isnt crack in this stuff ? Maybe Meth ?

-Robert
              Last edited by RobAGD; Jun 29, 2006, 05:41 PM.
              My Work log for my Magnum R/T Hemi Registry

Comment

I voted for 100% even though I'm about 95%. For paint care I only use Meguiars stuff. The only non Meg's stuff is Lexol Leather care. Meg's stuff might be just as good, but I've had the Lexol stuff for about 6 years and it has always been good so I haven't strayed.

Meg's stuff:

NXT Tech Wax
                NXT Tech Protect
                Quik Detailer
                High Endurance Tire
                Quick Clay
                NXT Wash
                Microfiber Towels
                Terry Towels
                Water Magnets
                Chenille Sponge

Probably other stuff that I can't remember.
                -Brian
                2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

About 50% of my kit is Megs, maybe a little less than that. I have kit from a wide variety of manufacturers most infact, other than Zymol which I cannot afford at the moment!

I used to use solely the Meguiars #80-series polishes when I got my PC.. First tried out the Poorboys SSR range but then switched back to Megs, then tried out Menzerna and I have to say I am more impressed with the Menzerna polishes (Power Gloss, Intensive Polish [PO91L & PO85RD3.01], Final Finish) than the Megs ones - I find the break down faster and work faster, espeically on harder paint and the Power Gloss can be used by PC while the aggressive Megs compounds cannot. Thats not to say I dont like the #80-series polishes anymore, I do, and keep #83 and #80 in my collection - espeically then #80 as its one of my fav products.

As for glazes, I have tried a few and like all of them on whole, but #7 remains my glaze of choice. I buy it in 64oz bottles because I use so much of it!

The vast majoirty of my mf towels are Megs, though I'm slowly switching over to 50/50 Megs/Pakshak. My mitts are Megs Lambswool.

All the shampoos I use regulalrly are Megs (Hyper Wash and #62) as you cannot beat them on value.

All my clays are Megs (mild and aggressive).

For LSPs, I have a huge mix. Megs features - #16 and #26, I love both as they are just such great value for money. #26 compliments #7 beautifully on dark colours. Also have Pinnacle, Poorboys, Menzerna, 1Z, Chemical Guys, Collinite and Autoglym in my LSP collection...
                  "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

Id say 85-90% for me.

The things I use that are not Megs are:

-MF towels (I do have a few Megs brand though)

-Zymol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I love this stuff though I have vowed to try Megs after my current stash of Zymol is gone. Its gonna be hard though.

-Pinacle Poly Clay. I do have a couple bars of Megs, but found the Pinacle on a nice sale so grabbed some.

-Stoner glass cleaner. Ive been using this stuff for a long time and its really great stuff, and priced right.

-Flitz metal polish. Although its non-abrasive it works really good on all metals.

Other then those things.. everything else is Megs. Even my DA, G100.

**Ive heard NXT glass cleaner is better then Stoners? Might have to try it.**
                    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                    --

Comment

Right now, for consumable products like wax, polish, etc, I'm mostly Meguiar's. The non-consumables, i.e. PC, pads, etc. are not Meg's. I found this site and ADS after I got that stuff.

Meg's
                      --------
                      DACP, Speed Glaze, NXT liquid wax, Detailer glass cleaner concentrate, Hyper Dressing, Quick Wax, Int/Ext quick detailer, Gold Class soap, Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner, Deep Crystal #1 and #2 (haven't actually used these yet)
                      3 water magnets
                      Chenille sponge and mitts
                      Various brushes
                      Hotshine liquid spray

Non-Megs
                      ---------
                      Stoner's Invisible Glass
                      Lexol leather conditioner
                      No Touch tire spray
                      PC plus Lake Country pads
                      Foamgun (this rocks!!!!)

As I finish the Lexol and Stoner's, I'll replace them with Meg's products. My only complaint about Meg's is that it's very tough to find a local store with a good variety of Megs...even the consumer level stuff. I had to order a bunch of stuff at ADS. I don't mind that but it would be nice if Meguiar's could get local stores to carry more variety....especially the towels and washing tools.

Comment

about 75 - 80% meguiars products on my car and clients cars

Comment

Originally posted by emaxxman
                          Right now, for consumable products like wax, polish, etc, I'm mostly Meguiar's. The non-consumables, i.e. PC, pads, etc. are not Meg's. I found this site and ADS after I got that stuff.

Meg's
                          --------
                          DACP, Speed Glaze, NXT liquid wax, Detailer glass cleaner concentrate, Hyper Dressing, Quick Wax, Int/Ext quick detailer, Gold Class soap, Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner, Deep Crystal #1 and #2 (haven't actually used these yet)
                          3 water magnets
                          Chenille sponge and mitts
                          Various brushes
                          Hotshine liquid spray

Non-Megs
                          ---------
                          Stoner's Invisible Glass
                          Lexol leather conditioner
                          No Touch tire spray
                          PC plus Lake Country pads
                          Foamgun (this rocks!!!!)

As I finish the Lexol and Stoner's, I'll replace them with Meg's products. My only complaint about Meg's is that it's very tough to find a local store with a good variety of Megs...even the consumer level stuff. I had to order a bunch of stuff at ADS. I don't mind that but it would be nice if Meguiar's could get local stores to carry more variety....especially the towels and washing tools.
                          can you share more about the foamgun ?
                          Bill Poirier
                          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
                            can you share more about the foamgun ?
                            http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html

Comment

Just about everything I use is meguiars except the stuff they dont make, like buckets and a portable vaccum and stuff like that.

Das Auto

2007 Jetta 2.5 Wolfsburg Edition

Comment

90% Meguiars.
                                I use Rain-X on the glass because Meguiars doesnt make a comparable product.
                                I've always been crazy...
                                It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');