Are you a 100% Meguiars user? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Do you use 100% Meguiars products on your vehicle?

Voters
1019. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, 100% Meguiars

371 36.41%
  • about 75% or most of my stuff is Megs

474 46.52%
  • about 50% or half of my stuff is Megs

99 9.72%
  • 25% or less

75 7.36%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

I'd say 95% Megs. Biggest problem is many products arent easily available from the high street and Meguiars Uk charges to ship and takes an age

Non Megs products I 'sometimes' use dependent on condition of car and weather.

PC 7224
    Sonus SFX-1 and SFX-2
    P21S Gloss Enhancer
    P21S Carnauba Wax
    303 Protectant (still my favourite for dashboards)
    Zymol Field Glaze (but only in warm weather)
    Zymol Titanium Carnauba Wax (very rarely use now)

I would have if not for the outrageously high price of Meguiar's products where I live.

100% Meg's only
    I just love detailing

Mostly Meg's. I am converting over to them lol. The only thing I don't really plan to convert to them is towels because I already have a bunch and have found a cheaper alternative if they wear out.

I'm not 100% Meguiars (probably around 60%), but after spending way too much money on "flavor of the month" boutique products in 2005, I'm planning on spending 2006 converting over to be about 90% Meguiars. The only exceptions are in towels and PC pads.

Buddha
    Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Registered Member electricgreen's Avatar
    I use almost 100% Meg's stuff. I do use a different brand MF towels. All my paint care items are Meg's. I use a different tire cleaner (unfortunately, it's discontinued, it was Westley's. In a can, with a built in brush), and Mother's vert top cleaner.

Registered Member
    Originally posted by sneek
    hhaah i use as much meguiars as possible ....{snipped..cjb}

and 24DNT ive heard reports that amrorall cracks your dash or changes the colour because drys out the plastic too much i think you should try meguiars natural shine it always looks so good
    Hello Sneek (everyone):
    As was mentioned in some other thread, the Internet can be a wonderful source of good information, or a place that myths, rumors and misinformation flourish like mold. IMHO ArmorAll has been the subject of such misinformation for many years.

I have a 1972 Datsun 240-Z that I bought brand new, it has had nothing but ArmorAll used on it's dash - and the dash is perfect today. At the time ArmorAll was one of very few products for vinyl/rubber protection.

I also have a second 1972 Datsun 240-Z that I bought from its original owner, it too has had nothing but ArmorAll used on its dash - and that one is perfect as well. Both Z's have lived in the Florida Sun for their entire life.

Anyone that has dealt much with the 240-Z's knows that one of the few problem area's on that car beside "rust" is that the expansive vinyl dashes crack with age, as exposure to UV, thermal cycles and vibration normally take their toll.

Over the years, where-ever possible, when someone tells the story of how ArmorAll dried out or cracked their dash - I've followed up with farther investigation. In every case the story fell apart because several other factors were always present - when ArmorAll got the blame.

While Mequiar's will not disclose the exact chemical composition of its products (trade secretes), we could find very few differences in the chemical compositions of several commercial "vinyl protectant" products among ArmorAll or any of it's competitors. (used an aerospace materials lab for breakdown and comparisons, where I used to work).

24DNT - if you are finding a sticky build-up problem, it is most likely that you are applying way to much, and/or failing to follow the directions that tell you to remove any excess after a few hours. As for the discoloration, if it is turning from color to gray.. gray is an indication of UV damage to vinyl. Nothing will reverse it, but you can slow it down by protecting the dash from direct sunlight - put a sun screen in your windshield or cover the dash when its left in direct sun for prolonged periods. The UV blockers in any vinyl protectant are very thin and very limited in their ability.

BTW - AIR - I started using Mequiar's products around 1959... like everyone else, I've tried many other products.. but always returned to the known quality of Mequiars for automotive paint finishes.

Carl B.
    Clearwater, FL
    http://ZHome.com

100%. Looking for a microfiber wash mit.

I have a 1972 Datsun 240-Z that I bought brand new, it has had nothing but ArmorAll used on it's dash - and the dash is perfect today. At the time ArmorAll was one of very few products for vinyl/rubber protection.
    My father drives a 1985 VW Jetta, and he also used ArmorAll
    all the time on his vinyl on the exterior and on the interior as well
    and it still looks as new, no cracks or whatsoever.
    I just love detailing

Almost 100%. I have a bundle of non Megs mf towels, STP Son of a Gun protectant, Simple Green rest is Meguiar's!!

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread Information