• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 mitsubishi eclipse GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 mitsubishi eclipse GT

I just bought this car at the end of July. I am really pretty new at detaling because I never had a car that I cared enough about. My car is black and I was wondering what recommendations you had for which meguiars products I should use. Should I use NXT or Gold Class and what cleaners or which polish and wax is the best. Also if you have some general schedule for care cleaning

Thank you

Charlie

My truck is dark blue and for it I like to use #7 Show car glaze, and #26 Hi-tech yellow wax, as a basic maintenance program. Then, when I notice imperfections, I use #80 and/or #83 instead of #7, and still Hi-tech yellow wax. NXT wax works nice too. The biggest difference and benefit, in my experience comes from washing and claying on a very regular basis. Gold class shampoo is the best! Can you get some pictures of your car? Congratulations on your purchase. -Lindsey
    If your not driving fast, your driving half-a**ed!

F150 4X4

Comment

Be sure to read the FAQ and How-to Sections... Those will answer a lot of questions.

But, in general, you will want to start off and see if there are any swirls, other imperfections you wantto get rid of. And then follow the general 5-step system: (and I assume you are working by hand)

1. Wash - I prefer Gold Class or Nxt Wash (definately Nxt if you have hard water). And wash using 2-bucket system, with quality chenille sponge and Water Magnet drying towels.

2. Clay - Use the Quick Clay on you car. It can be a night and day difference, even on a new car.

3. Clean - If you have no swirls, DC#1 will be great. If you do, you will need ScratchX to remove the swirls.

4. Polish - DC#2 Polish is great by hand, as is the #7 Polish.

5. Wax - So many choices... though Nxt is very popular, esp for durability. Gold Class or #26 are also ggood.

DC = Deep Crystal System

After each wash, you can also use a spray wax to add back a bit of the shine and protection.

How often you need to do a full detail, and how often just a wash and wax is really up to you. I can go a 2-3 months between full details, but you will have to see what it is like in your climate/area. And what you have time for...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');