• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will high oil prices increase Meguiar's products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will high oil prices increase Meguiar's products?

Just wondering. Since most if not all polymers are petrol based. I am thinking NXT polishes etc. Well even the plastic container in petrolbased. If any one of you knows lets us know so we can stock up on our favorite Megs products!!

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Re: Will high oil prices increase Meguiar's products?

Originally posted by kellyinkc
    Just wondering. Since most if not all polymers are petrol based. I am thinking NXT polishes etc. Well even the plastic container in petrolbased. If any one of you knows lets us know so we can stock up on our favorite Megs products!!

Kelly
    High energy prices will affect everthing in time to come. But I did notice that disposable foam plates had gone up substantially, and they are made from petro products.
    r. b.

Comment

Ý am in istanbul and gas is 10.00 gallon!

Comment

I am sure the plastic bottles they purchase will go up.

I know plastic has gone up even early this summer... the higher price of plastics has forced the amusement park I work for to change what we give for prizes at our games and the way the games are played. The plastic baseball helmets you see at the fair, they have had a significant increase in cost changing how the game is played.

We use to give a helmet away with nearly every play now you have to win 3 smaller prizes before you can get a helmet... sounds simple and no big deal but you would be surprised how disappointed people get. That is just one example of MANY changes!
        Last edited by gb387; Aug 31, 2005, 08:43 AM.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Actually some of the products contain petroleum distillates, I'd think those would go up more than the cost of the plastic container.

I think a better question is about how much petroleum goes in to X amount of product. I'm just asking for a general idea, not asking to give out any trade secrets here.
          Later,
          Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
          Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');