• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT USE the so called Ultra Safe Wheel Spoke Brush on Chrome wheels. I used this brush on my new wheels twice, and yesterday when I closely looked at my rims I saw fine scratches everywhere, but only around the spoke area, and I found out the cause was from this brush. It also doesnt look like this brush would last long, the middle wire is rusting I only had the brush less than two weeks and used it like three times. It worked very well on aluminum wheels. Also after you bent it one or twice it wont go back to its orginal state, Of course its just wire. Also the handle is not stable anymore it seems like the glue that was holding it place wasnt strong enough and is twisting off. This brush totally **** (Edited for language -Mike)

That doesnt sound right. Give Megs customer service a call about the brush comming apart. Also, almost all of the spoke brushes Ive ever used, have been constructed in the same manner. I have detailed hundreds (yes hundreds) of vehicles with these types of brushes with no problem. Here are a few things you may be doing wrong.

First, how dirty were your rims? and more importantly how often were your rensing the brush clean of dirt,brake dust, road grime,etc? Not doing this after every other spoke or so could mean that you had traped the dirt particles and road gunk into the brush, and continued to move it around over your rims.

Second how gentle are you being with the brush? Inless you had extremely dirty rims (in wich case a deticated microfiber should have been used first to clean off all the excess dirty,dust,grime) you dont need to go to town with this brush on your wheels. Think of cleaning spokes like cleaning your teeth. You dont need to brush hard to remove plaque, just agitation. Like I stated, inless your rims were extremely dirty, use it gently and it will do the job. If you press to firmly, you could actually damage the bristles, and also drag the metal support wire acorss your rims, causing scartches.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Joe Godbee
    Seabreeze Mobile Detailing
    Destin,FL

Comment

hi jokar,

Seeing this is your first post, welcome to Meguiar's Online!

This is the first we've ever heard of our brush doing this? I'm going to have Tom McDonald contact you over this to see what the problems are and what we can do to make it right.

I deleted you cross-post stating the same thing in another thread, you only need to post a subject or a reply once and I edited out your improper language, (for this forum), from the above post.

We're sorry that your experience has not been good but please remember the forum rules when posting so as to keep yourself out of trouble.

Forum Rules
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thats sounds strange... I have used the brush 20-25 times on my wheels and never have had any of the problems you are having.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

A couple of questions jokar,

What kind of chrome wheels are they?

The material the brush is made out of will not scratch chrome as it is softer than the chrome. The wire that holds the brush bristles will scratch other surfaces but you're not supposed to rub the wire portion of the brush against the wheel surface, just the brush bristles.

So how were you using the brush? Carefully for your type of wheel, or haphazardly? There is a certain amount of responsibility on the users side to use any product or tool correctly.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is this a joke? There is no way the spoke brush could be that bad. I've had mine for over 4 months now without a single problem. Used it on my aluminum wheels, the chrome wheels on my aunt's LS, and the painted wheels on my parent's Grand Marquis without a single problem. I used Wheel brightener on the chrome and painted wheels and soap and water on my aluminum wheels and the brush performed very well on all surfaces. As far as the bending goes, it always goes back to the same shape, as long as you don't loop it, you'll be fine. With any brush you have to be sure to lubricate the surface with soap/cleaner and water and keep the brush free of debris. You can limit your damage by ensuring that you aren't causing it with improper technique.

Comment

Here's a picture of the wheel I think she's talking about.

At least she mentions it on her webpage over on CarDomains here,

JOKAR ROSE's Ford: 'White Lighting'

You can see the wheel on page 6

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
                Is this a joke?
                Hard to say... this appears to be posted by this person, (jokar), on the first page of their CarDomain page here,

Page One
                HEY IM 18 AND THIS IS MY FIRST TRUCK AND I LOVE IT.ITS GREAT FOR DRIFTING ON RAINY DAYS BUT ***** IN THE SNOW.I CRASHED IN THE WOODS LAST OCTOBER BUT I GOT IT FIXED AND IT LOOK BRAND NEW.I HAD SINCE AUG 2000 BUT STARTED DRIVING IT IN SEPT 2003.IT WAS GOOD FOR DRAG RACING FRIENDS ON THE COUNTRY ROADS.

Here's a screenshot...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I was just reading that in the gallery.
                  Brandon

Comment

Not a good way to treat a truck.
                    r. b.

Comment

no problems with my brush, In fact I'd say it has become one of my most valued tools.
                      2019 GMC Sierra
                      1500 AT4

Comment

I went to my local supplier of Meguiar's to have a look at some of the brushes today. In particular the Ultra Safe Wheel Spoke Brush and Versa-Angle Body Brush. Well in true fashion the only brush they had was the wheel brush. However, I left without buying it. Primarily because of the packaging. Yes, I know what does that have to do with the brush? Well, I'm a touch feely kind of guy. Especially if it's going to be used on my vehicles. The packaging for the wheel brush makes it impossible to touch it and get a feel for how it may perform. Are all the brushes packaged this way? If so it might be a good idea to at least making a small cutout so the consumer can feel it. I certainly wouldn't buy a body brush without first feeling how soft it is.
                        You don't have to go fast to look cool in a Corvette!

Before pitcures of my Porsche

After pictures, while it was parked

Comment

Originally posted by ratcals
                          I went to my local supplier of Meguiar's to have a look at some of the brushes today. In particular the Ultra Safe Wheel Spoke Brush and Versa-Angle Body Brush. Well in true fashion the only brush they had was the wheel brush. However, I left without buying it. Primarily because of the packaging. Yes, I know what does that have to do with the brush? Well, I'm a touch feely kind of guy. Especially if it's going to be used on my vehicles. The packaging for the wheel brush makes it impossible to touch it and get a feel for how it may perform. Are all the brushes packaged this way? If so it might be a good idea to at least making a small cutout so the consumer can feel it. I certainly wouldn't buy a body brush without first feeling how soft it is.
                          All the brushes have a cut out in the package... I have every brush and all have cut outs. Including the wheel spoke brush... the hole is on clear plastic part of the package, might be on the side!?!?
                          Last edited by gb387; Sep 1, 2005, 03:33 AM.
                          Brandon

Comment

Were the export ones different? Because this definitely did not have a cutout.
                            You don't have to go fast to look cool in a Corvette!

Before pitcures of my Porsche

After pictures, while it was parked

Comment

HEY IM 18 AND THIS IS MY FIRST TRUCK AND I LOVE IT.ITS GREAT FOR DRIFTING ON RAINY DAYS BUT ***** IN THE SNOW.I CRASHED IN THE WOODS LAST OCTOBER BUT I GOT IT FIXED AND IT LOOK BRAND NEW.I HAD SINCE AUG 2000 BUT STARTED DRIVING IT IN SEPT 2003.IT WAS GOOD FOR DRAG RACING FRIENDS ON THE COUNTRY ROADS.
                              Yeah, the truck can drift in the rain but is bad on the snow...Why? Because it has Passenger Tires. Not Truck tires. I am really puzzle why the installer allowed this tires to put on a truck. It will not perform well. Its kind of have a brand new corvette with truck tires
                              Going back to the spoke wheel brush.... I am really surpriced to heard that. No problem for me since April.
                              Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');