• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Diego Mercedes-Benz club Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Mercedes-Benz club Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Meguiar's is proud to host a Mercedes-Benz Detail Day at Meguiar’s for members of the San Diego Mercedes-Benz club!

Here's a very stately looking 600 series the owner brought down for the clinic today...

Meguiar's runs these clinics till the last man standinng and the last man standing just left...

That is, right after he removed the NXT Tech Wax from his Mercedes-Benz finish!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

In one word, AWESOME!!!

What better way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon then that with your car.

So, today, Mike graciously invited me to join the MBCA club from San Diego in the Meguiar's garage.

The event was handled very professionally, and I learned more from one session with Mike in a few hours than I can from reading forums all day. I mean face it, the internet is great, but the overwhelming data will make your head spin... let alone how confusing it can be trying to make sense of it all and figuring whos right and who's full of BS.

The spotlight for the event was for the new line of wax & cleaners called NXT. And I must say, I was thoroughly impressed with what the NXT line of waxes were able to accomplish grouped with the various Meguiars cleaners/polishes.

I've been a long time Meguiars user, but I've never taken the time to fully understand the process of detailing your own car. Although I didn't get the opportunity to work on my car at the event, I must say, the wealth of information I walked away with was more than I could ask for from Mike & Meguiars.

All I can say is, Meguiars + PC = One Great Looking Car
    (well, add some patience & elbow grease in that equation too)

For those of us who stayed later in through the day, we also had the pleasure of meeting Barry Meguiar, President & CEO of Meguiars. Nicest guy you could meet...

I took some decent pictures, so, I will post them here shortly.

Mike, I'll see you again next week!
    Danny
    2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Where are my manners...

I forgot to give thanks to Meguiars for their hospitality in not only providing such an awesome info-session, but for feeding us too... Pizza & soda-pop... Oh, and can't forget the goodie bag... I can't wait to use them... BIG THANKS AGAIN!

Btw, here are a few pics from the events... I think I took way more pictures with Mike's camera than I did with my own, so I'll let Mike post the good stuff.

Beautiful Classic Mercedes:

There "WERE" horrible Buffing Swirls & immense contaminents in the paint...
      Original Condition:

Using some Clay, DACP #83 & NXT Tech-Wax
      After Condition:

Last edited by mmgrad; Apr 24, 2004, 08:25 PM.
      Danny
      2002 MB CLK430

Comment

More Pics of the 600

Here is a picture showing how rich the color came out....

Talk about a mirror finish... this is one of the pleasures of owning a Black car... and the paint was smooth as glass to the touch..

Once again, I am nothing but astonished at what the line of Meguiars products was able to produce given the limited time spent with the vehicles. That, and considering that about 90% of the participants in the event have never used a buffer, I have to give all the credit to Meguiars & PC.
        Danny
        2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Webs... Yuck..

Here is a vehicle that had horrendous webs in the paint... and after we had a crack at the paint, it looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL...

Unfortunately, I only have the before pics... I believe the after pics are on Mike's camera.

Before picture:

Close-up of the same car: hope you have a strong stomach...

*****UPDATE*****
          This is the car in question:
          Last edited by mmgrad; Apr 29, 2004, 11:21 PM.
          Danny
          2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Thank You!

Another great event from Meguiar's and Mike Phillips. I have been to 3 of these now, and learned something new at each one - enough to show me just how much skill and knowledge Mike has on the subject of car 'detailing'.

We had to leave about 1 to meet some friends at the airport, otherwise we probably would have been the last ones leaving - it was that good a presentation, especially on scratch removal and the demos of NXT on various members cars. Thanks again Mike for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm!

John

Comment

Mike, I went to your clinic in February, I was told there were three openings for the 4/24 clinic. I do the MB Long Beach- South Bay web site, so I called the members to get three members to the clinic.

Joe Edone ownes that 600, my first thought was, Holy Batman, that is a lot of car to wax!

He called today, says the car looks better than at ANY time in it's life. Talk about a happy camper. Probably added $10,000 to the value of the car.

So thanks to you and the other gentleman who worked so hard on Joe's car.

Mike, got any "after" photos?

Comment

Complete write-up with more photo's coming Friday!

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');