• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

versa angle tire brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• versa angle tire brush

Hey eneryone,

I finally got to try out this brush on the 2005 laredo I did on Friday. I really like how the brush worked, it really did a great job of cleaning the tires. My only complaint is not about the brush , but about the tires that is was cleaning. These where goodyear Wrangler's and they had those P,I,T,A ridges around the side wall about half way up from the bead area of the tire. They really made the stiffer bristles of the tire brush grab and made it hard to move the brush in one direction for more than 6 to 12 inches at a time. You almost had to move the brush back and forth as you go around the tire. Other than this tire related problem this brush is great.

Andrew M. Parshall
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

The tire brush works great for scrubbing tires, Lynn found a new use for our yesterday when she used it to scrub our stone tile floor in a high traffic area. Worked great.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Tried this brush out myself lately too. The bristles are very stiff compared to the old type of tire brush I used to use, but it did a great job of cleaning my tires.

I too have Goodyear tires with ridges and it took some extra effort to clean these areas, but I managed ok.

This brush is going to be my top tire brush from now on!

On a side note. If you use one of the longer handles and install it in the reverse angle, it makes for a great brush to clean the bathtub with.

My only vice is that some of Versa-Angle brush handles seem to fit a little loose at times.
      r. b.

Comment

I agree, great brush! I like to use it without the handle... seems I can get a little better scrubbing without the handle.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Just wanted to do a follow-up on this tool.

As I said earlier, this is a great brush. But I think it works better for deep down cleaning on dirty tires than for light cleaning. I mean, this brush is so good that it removes some of my tire sheen / dressing when the tires don't need a deep cleaning.

I would like to see Meguiars make a tire brush that has a little less stiffness in the bristles for everyday light cleaning......Well not everyday, but you get the idea.
          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper

As I said earlier, this is a great brush. But I think it works better for deep down cleaning on dirty tires than for light cleaning. I mean, this brush is so good that it removes some of my tire sheen / dressing when the tires don't need a deep cleaning.

I would like to see Meguiars make a tire brush that has a little less stiffness in the bristles for everyday light cleaning......Well not everyday, but you get the idea.
            You have a good point, works really well for deep cleaning I try to use a little less hand pressure for a light cleaning. I use it every couple of washes to remove all the old dressing that has built up on the tire and prep it for a new coat of dressing and it works very well for this.
            Brandon

Comment

I too thought the bristles were too hard when I first started using this brush. Then I started using less pressure on it and it worked fine and didn't "stick" to the tire like it did before. Just my experience

Comment

You could probably use the wheel brush for this.
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                  You could probably use the wheel brush for this.
                  Thanks, not a bad idea.
                  r. b.

Comment

I use this brush with the handle on the reversed side( the thing is now bending outwards from the back of the brush).

One hand on the handle and one hand on the head of the brush.

The hand holding the handle gives the force and push for the scrubbing power...

...the hand holding the brush head directs the scrub.

Vers-angle

Comment

One other note here...

I like to choke up on a brush handle when scrubbing tires, but the wide release tabs make it difficult to do that. I would like to see the tabs redesigned or moved to another location.
                      r. b.

Comment

One other note here...

I like to choke up on a brush handle when scrubbing tires, but the wide release tabs make it difficult to do that. I would like to see the tabs redesigned or moved to another location.
                        I agree, sometimes they are in the wrong place... I use it in the same way at time and its easy to release the brush.
                        Brandon

Comment

Re: versa angle tire brush

i have used this brush and i get it an A+.... my F150 tires never look better...im recommend it to anyone....Keep up the good work Meguiars.......

Comment

Re: versa angle tire brush

Lol i see people saying their handles are loose, I cant get mine off!!! Been trying since the day I bought the brush too lol!
                            It's Zetec, not VTEC...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');