• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea Quick Wax on Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea Quick Wax on Quick Detailer

Hi I have an idea, but would like to ask what you guys think first.

I have a ton of Quick Detailer and a little bit of Quick Wax (mostly empty bottle).

If I spray a section of my car with Quick Detailer to remove bugs after a drive, while I still have the section wet with Quick Detailer can I put a few sprays of Quick Wax on top of the Quick Detailer and then wipe dry?

In other words, can I spray Quick Detailer with Quick Wax?

Sure could.

Be sure to use a MF or terry cloth...

-Nick
    1998 White Olds Aurora
    V8 260HP

Comment

Have you ever tried this? Just currious.

Comment

Personally I use QD then NXT spray wax...
        1998 White Olds Aurora
        V8 260HP

Comment

Okay.

BTW, the Quick Wax and NXT Spray Wax are quite a bit different.

Quick Wax is for spraying on a wet car.

NXT Srapy wax gets applied to a clean, dry car and buffed off.

Again, although the Spray Wax is wonderful stuff, it is not intended to be the main wax. It is a booster wax only meaning it adds more wax to the surface.

You really nead to try the Nxt Liquid or Paste Wax because those are intended to be your main wax.

I have never used the Paste, but I very much like the Liquid. You may find your spray wax sits on a shelf after you use the Liquid (Much Stronger Longer Lasting Richer Wax).

The Spray is great stuff though.

I Wax with the Liquid Nxt then after every wash do the Quick Wax or Nxt Spray Wax. That is my recomendation for you.

Comment

Right, lol. I agreed with you on your last post.

I only use the NXT spray wax as a booster wax, as you stated. I never used the spray wax as a main wax.

I did get confused and thought the "quick wax" was meguiars version of the NXT spray wax. Forgive me there..

In no way am I arguing or holding anything against you. I am complying with you on every angle

-Nick
            1998 White Olds Aurora
            V8 260HP

Comment

Hi if I spray some Quick Detailer on my car and wipe it down with a towel, does this strip off wax? Is Quick Detailing effective as claying? or is it just mainly to maintain the car after claying?

Comment

Originally posted by LT
                Hi if I spray some Quick Detailer on my car and wipe it down with a towel, does this strip off wax? Is Quick Detailing effective as claying? or is it just mainly to maintain the car after claying?
                QD and clay are totally different. all QD does is safely remove dust and some particals that haven't settled in your paint, which will leave a glossy finish. you must have a good layer of wax for QD to work though.
                rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Hey,

Just to chime in here...

Firstly, we need not to confuse #66 "Quick" Detailer, a strong cleaner/wax with "Quik" Detailer, a detailing spray. Notice the difference in the spelling of Quik versus Quick.

Second, either the NXT Spray Wax or the Quik Wax should be applied to dry paint in order to make removal easier. Both of the above products are applied the same; they are just different formulations.

Finally, any time you add something to a Last Step Product (wax and/or sealant), you are physically changing the chemical composition of the product. Meguiar's recommends that nothing should be added to the applicator or paint (except for the LSP itself) during the application of the LSP. Otherwise you may be affecting the overall performance of the product.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Jbirk
                    Okay.

BTW, the Quick Wax and NXT Spray Wax are quite a bit different.
                    The formula's a different, but the idea of being a thin, sprayable wax is the same.

Quick Wax is for spraying on a wet car.

NXT Spray wax gets applied to a clean, dry car and buffed off.
                    Both products work best when applied to a clean, dry car.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well today was the first time I did a full detail on my car and it took me just about 6 hours straight and im exhausted and I have some questions. Well first of all, while I was applying DC#1 to my car certain parts of the car made the pad gray, is this dead paint?
                      It did this when I applied DC#2 also just not as much. Doing a full detail by hand took longer than I expected. Is the DC#1 and #2 suppose to take a couple swipes to remove? It tired me out. Maybe i put too much at a time? is that possible? and When I applied the NXT Tech Wax, some part were harder to remove does this mean I put too much on that area? I didn't put a second coat of wax, because im doing that tomorrow, if my car isnt that dirty would a QD application follow up with the second coating of wax be ok?

Comment

Re: Idea Quick Wax on Quick Detailer

Originally posted by Jbirk
                        Hi I have an idea, but would like to ask what you guys think first.

I have a ton of Quick Detailer and a little bit of Quick Wax (mostly empty bottle).

If I spray a section of my car with Quick Detailer to remove bugs after a drive, while I still have the section wet with Quick Detailer can I put a few sprays of Quick Wax on top of the Quick Detailer and then wipe dry?

In other words, can I spray Quick Detailer with Quick Wax?
                        Just to point out, the correct spelling for these two product in our Consumer Line is with the word Quick, missing the c.

Correctly spelled, they would read,

Quik Detailer and Quik Wax

It can cause some confusion because we offer a strong cleaner/wax in our Professional Line called,

Quick Detailer

For this reason when I write and use the words Quik Detailer, I mean our mist and wipe product in the Consumer Line. If you ever see me refer to using a quick detailer, this is a generic reference to any mist and wipe product be out Quik Detailer, Speed Detailer, Final Inspection, or a competitors product.

Hope this is as clear as #1 Medium Cut Cleaner!
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I actually found out that there was some confusion a little while back when 2hotford said, "Firstly, we need not to confuse #66 "Quick" Detailer, a strong cleaner/wax with "Quik" Detailer, a detailing spray. Notice the difference in the spelling of Quik versus Quick."

Sorry about the confusion. I apparently had the mental thought of what the word was; thus, we ended up with Quick not Quik.

Anyway, I really like Quik Detailer it is awesome, but my question is can I spray Quik Wax on Quik Detailer and then wipe dry?

Also, can Quik Wax be put on a dry car or is it best to use it only when drying?

I am pretty clear on the issue, but I can't tell you it is as clear as #1 Medium Cut Cleaner.
                          Last edited by Jbirk; Sep 7, 2005, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');