• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Polish/Wax My New Car After 1.5 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Polish/Wax My New Car After 1.5 months?

My car is 3 weeks old (today ) & thanks to people like you, I'm turning into a car-detailing nut . I'm thinking of doing a full polish/wax on my car in 1 to 1.5 months, but I'm not sure if that's advisable.

Here's the particulars:

1) Car is garaged nightly.
    2) I wash weekly & quick detail daily, removing tar, etc. as it appears.
    3) Paint looks near perfect (to me) & still feels slippery.

As per above, I'm thinking of doing a full polish/wax on my car in 1 to 1.5 months. because (i) I want to & (ii) I'm thinking I can improve the shine & sparkle (metallic paint).

But I don't know whether it is a mistake to go through this when it's "not necessary". Thoughts?
    --
    Hook

Absolutly go for it. Assuming your doing it by hand you would probably go this route.

Wash
    Clay - even if the car is new.
    Wash
    Scratch x on problem areas
    color x
    nxt or any wax really. Do mulitple coats for even coverage 24 hours apart.

Make sure to take pics!

Greg
    Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by gregcavi
      Absolutly go for it. Assuming your doing it by hand you would probably go this route.
      I will be doing it by hand.

Wash
      Clay - even if the car is new.
      Wash
      Scratch x on problem areas
      I presume "problem areas" are any places where I detect scratches, swirls, etc. that are not minor?

color x
      Color X is safe to use over the entire paint surface, regardless of its condition (i.e., new)?

nxt or any wax really. Do mulitple coats for even coverage 24 hours apart.

Make sure to take pics!
      I will post before & after pictures.

Greg
      --
      Hook

Comment

Now is absolutley the time to polish and esepeically wax! You want to protect that brand new finish! color X is safe for the entire vehicle. However, if your doing this by hand, I would wash inspect the finish, more than likely atleast clay the horizontal panels, scrtatch X any problem areas (like you said, swirled/ scratched spots) then polish with DC #2 or my favorite pure polish, #7 Show Car Glaze, then top with your favorite wax!
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

Congrats on your new ride! Now's prime time to Meguiarize it before the winter w/ the products & procedure previously outlined. Have fun & enjoy the results!
          Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Hi,

I would recomend you wash your new car with the Gold Class wash or the Nxt wash.

After that, feel it to see if it needs clay. It probably doesn't

I would then recomend the DC #1 Cleaner and DC #2 Polish followed by a Wax.

I am recomending the Deep Crystal Cleaner and Polish because they are very non-abrasive. In fact they are a pure cleaner and polish. You can find nothing less agressive.

Since you have brand new paint, you shouldn't need ScratchX, ColorX, or even #80.

Go with the least agressive product first.

Comment

y not do a full detail now? wouldnt hurt and give u more protection... oem paint jobs dont have to wait like aftermarket paint so i'd be totally safe to put wax on it

Comment

Evening all,

Both polish and wax have been mentioned, would it be an idea to use sealer aswell i.e. #7 then #21 then wax (#16possibly).

Thanks
                Bryan

Comment

Ofcource it is safe to do a full detail and wax it too.

You actually should do a full detail and get it waxed (protected) ASAP to protect your paint.

I am simply stating that ColorX and ScratchX and ... aren't needed on new paint. He shouldn't have the cobeweb effect, and he shouldn't have any swirls either being only 3 weeks old.

I am simply saying if it were mine I would do the following:

Wash
                  Clay (if needed)
                  DC #1
                  DC #2
                  Wax with NXT Liquid or Paste

After that, I would maintain it with regular washings every 2 to 3 weeks, Speed Detailer Daily for Bug Splatter and Bird Droppings and other easy to remove contaminates, and Nxt Spray Wax each area you hit with Speed Detailer and after each wash.

I would not use SD on the whole car daily as I would allow some light dust to accumulate between the washings. I don't like the idea of lightly spraying dust and wiping it around the paint daily, so I would use Speed Detailer to remove crucial things like bugs and droppings only.

I would only use the spray wax to maintain and only in areas that are perfectly free of dust.

-Jbirk

Comment

I use the spray wax after the weekly wash, it looks like it has just been detailed again

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');