• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road trip

drove to the states today to pick up some nxt found three of the products just wish it wasnt 15 below right now cannot wait to try this stuff out

Did you have any trouble getting it through customs?

We still don't have NXT in the stores here in Indiana yet. I'm glad I ordered mine direct. You may yet get it in the stores in Canada before Indiana!

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

no trouble at all didnt even have to pay any duty on it

Comment

So there must be some dollar amount of products you can bring back over the border duty free.

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

ya thats what i was thinking it had been a longtime since i had been over ,i herd it wouldnt be over here for a while and i didnt want to wait for it but i couldnt find any spry tech wax in water town area anyone live near there in syracuse and have bought the spray wax im going to be going over agian soon to find it ,the stuff smells amazing it was kinda funny though i went into one parts store and they had all kinds of megs and other car stuff and i ask the guy if he had herd of the nxt meguiars products and he looked at me like i had 3 heads or something

Comment

does anybody know if you can use a rotary buffer with the nxt if so did it do better being hand applied or machined

Comment

Originally posted by mopar
              does anybody know if you can use a rotary buffer with the nxt if so did it do better being hand applied or machined
              I do not think NXT will hold up to the heat generated by a rotary. You can use a PC with the Meg yellow polishing pad. I have not used my NXT yet but plan on using it on this week.

As to the temp is that F or C?

Eric
              Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

celsius i think i never pay attention to that it's alot wamrer today but not warm enough used nxt on my summer rims they are bright metalic silver WOW what a defference .

Comment

You know that's the interesting thing about NXT. It does a better job improving the gloss on silver than any other product I've seen. I haven't tried it on my polished aluminum (clearcoated) rims yet. It will probably do a great job on those too.

RamAirV1
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

are painted rims clear coated?

Comment

Most likely that painted rims are clear coated. My '98 had silver painted rims and they were clear coated.

Rims that are chromed are not clearcoated, and most aftermarket rims that are high polished aluminum are not clearcoated. NXT Metal Polysh would probably be the best thing for those. I'm sure there some exceptions to this.

RamAirV1
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by mopar
                        NXT Tech Wax should never be applied using rotary buffer, neither should products like Gold Class, #26 Hi Tech Yellow wax, or #20 Polymer Sealant.

You can use a Porter Cable Dual Action polisher however and I highly recommend applying it this way. The results will astound you!

Use a W-8006 foam polishing pad and put the PC on about the 4.0 to 4.5 setting.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

They should probably change the directions on the back of the #20 bottle where it says it can be applied with a rotary buffer. I doubt that many would try a rotary with #20 though.

Does applying NXT with a PC result in more gloss or durability, or is it just a matter of speed and ease of use?

Also, what about using a finishing pad instad of a polishing pad?

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

how easy is it to use the dual action polisher?do you just machine it on and then let it haze and wipe off?

Comment

Dual Action with NXT

Just got off the phone with Meguiar's customer service. They say it can be used with orbital buffer no problem. I haven't tried it yet since it goes on so easily by hand. Anyways, I would expect good results or even better than hand applied. I did not ask about rotary buffer, however, those are real heat generators if not careful.
                              Alexandra

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');