• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Speed Detailer compared to Final Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Speed Detailer compared to Final Inspection

Hi!
    My turn to do a comparison. Just found the NXT speed Detailer here in Australia. My regular detailer is Final Inspection.

NXT pros: Lifts dust and light dirt very well. Good mist from spray nozzle like the Quik Detailer. No streaking! After drying there is no wipe marks as compared to using Final Inspection. With Final Inspection I have to get a 2nd dry cloth to wipe it totally dry to avoid streaks after drying.

NXT cons: Not as slippery as Final Inspection. Can feel the MF cloth being a little draggy, even on a clean surface sprayed with NXT SD. After drying, finish is not as smooth as Final Inspection.

So which do I go for? Slick feel of Final Inspection or the streakyfree NXT Speed Detailer? If my car was totally clean, I'd go for Speed Detailer. But for dust cleaning, I'm still wary of the grabbyness of the Speed Detailer. Can anyone comment on why Speed detailer is not as slick as Final Inspection?

And a final question. Can I MIX Speed detailer with Final inspection?

Update: Just tried using speed detailer on a panel that had a synthetic polymer (NXT and another with #21). My previous post was on a panel with carnauba.

I have to say, on the panels with NXT and #21, Speed Detailer ranks above Final Inspection!!! It's so slippery when used on a surface waxed with NXT or #21. I can't believe how streak-free and smooth it is! With Final Inspection, I would need a totally dry MF cloth to buff the moist spots. But with Speed Detailer, I can use the same damp MF that I do my first wipe with and get it streak free!!!!! Does Speed Detailer come in 3.8L bottles?

Comment

aaron33 thanks for the comparison. It looks SD is the way to go for polymer protected vehicles and FI and QD for the others.
      Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by aaron33
        Update: Just tried using speed detailer on a panel that had a synthetic polymer (NXT and another with #21). My previous post was on a panel with carnauba.

I have to say, on the panels with NXT and #21, Speed Detailer ranks above Final Inspection!!! It's so slippery when used on a surface waxed with NXT or #21. I can't believe how streak-free and smooth it is! With Final Inspection, I would need a totally dry MF cloth to buff the moist spots. But with Speed Detailer, I can use the same damp MF that I do my first wipe with and get it streak free!!!!! Does Speed Detailer come in 3.8L bottles?
        That is interesting insight! I have never tried SD on a carnauba based finish as I am a convert to synthetics like Medallion, #20 and NXT. I was trying to think why you would not get a slick surface after using the Speed Detailer. It had not occurred to me that using it over a carnauba would be a factor.

Speed Detailer is just incredible. I have even used it on a very warm hood (those LS1 V8s generate a lot of heat) with no streaking.

BTW, Speed Detailer also adds a little bit of protection whereas the Final Inspection does not. I like Final Inspection and use it for clay lube and detailing recently painted finishes as it is body shop safe. None of the other Meguairs (or anybody else's that I know of) QDs are body shop safe.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

This morning I used Final Inspection to clean off some dust from my car's bootlid. Same problem with streaking. Seems like either FI doesn't soak into my Meg's MF cloth, or that FI is just too wet! I'm using an adjustable spray bottle for FI, so I am laying a very fine mist. I tested with SD by spraying very close to the panel so that I get spots with LOTs of SD on it and after wiping it a bit, flipping the cloth to buff, there were no streaks!

Looks like I'm going to have to do the same and relegate FI for claying and become poor by purchasing US$15.20 bottles of SD here in Australia.

I've just converted from NXT liquid + Carnauba to #21. Just donated my NXT to a friend, but the carnauba is very dear.... maybe I'll keep it for show and tell next time to the grand kids. Look kids, in the past we actually used tree wax to make our cars shine! I'll probably use the carnauba for testing over #21 first to see how it looks. But I prefer the #21 protection and the look is good. It is deep like carnauba.
          Last edited by aaron33; Sep 11, 2005, 05:06 PM.

Comment

#21 is very reflective. The SD works very well with it as does the Spray Booster Wax. 2hotford applied NXT Paste as a topper over #21 and it looked really great.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');