• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't recieve your Confirmation E-mail? Read this...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't recieve your Confirmation E-mail? Read this...

Confirmation E-mails

The problem with you and others receiving forum e-mails is a by-product of all the spam sent by the nefarious people in the world. Thus legitimate e-mail is sometimes never received.

Part of my job as an Admin on the forum is to monitor all new registrations and manually finish the registration process as I see new people register because of the above problems. I do this all day long. If I'm away from my computer for any length of time at all, 10 minute to 10 hours, the first thing I do is check the Admin panel and process new accounts so that people can begin posting as I know some don't get their confirmation e-mails. In fact, I just checked the Admin panel after returning from lunch and confirmed two new members.

Even if you have not received your confirmation e-mail, because I continually confirm registrations manually throughout the day, go ahead and try to REPLY to the sign-up thread of your choice, or to a thread on the forum, chances are you'll be able to post to the forum just fine.

Just to note, last week I had an e-mail similar to yours and I sent an e-mail to the person’s two different e-mail addresses. One got through, the other didn’t, so I don’t know the cause of all these problems but I have learned that e-mail isn’t perfect and it's not always the senders fault. Different ISP's use different filter systems and until a better system is developed we'll probably always have these problems.

We apologize that the system isn't perfect but as we can make improvements we do...

p.s.

Here's where to find a Reply button to reply to a thread...

Notice:

On the homepage of the forum, is a link that explains,
    • 1) Why some people don't get their confirmation e-mails
      2) Why even though you don't get your confirmation e-mail, you can usually start posting right away

Here's a picture showing you where to find the link,

If you click on the link, and read the short article, everything will make sense...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Just seeing if I can post since I did not recieve my Email
      Craig

Comment

Dear Mike,
        I will greatly appreciate advice from Meguiars as to which of your products I should use to clean and maintain the white, vinyl impregnated fabric top on my 1997 Town Car.

I'm somewhat confused by the forum registration process as well as the Meguiar web site. I feel I need a tutorial to get through it all.

Thank You,

Ray Guidos

Comment

Thanks! I can post now.

Comment

Let's see if this works...

Comment

Gr8 Stuff, Tx Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Guidos
                Dear Mike,
                I will greatly appreciate advice from Meguiar's as to which of your products I should use to clean and maintain the white, vinyl impregnated fabric top on my 1997 Town Car.

I'm somewhat confused by the forum registration process as well as the Meguiar web site. I feel I need a tutorial to get through it all.

Thank You,

Ray Guidos

Hi Ray,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Sorry for the confusion, I know a discussion forum can be confusing the first time you venture on to one, but after a little surfing you'll get the hang of it.

I copied and pasted your question to the Detailing 101 forum, which you can get to by clicking the below link.

Your question in the Detailing 101 Forum

Again, sorry for the confusion... you'll see my answer in the thread I created for you by clicking the link above.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Test

Just a test to make sure it works now....I didn't get a confirmation email...
                  Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                  Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                  2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Re: Test

Originally posted by Lydia
                    Just a test to make sure it works now....I didn't get a confirmation email...
                    Yep, your account works. I was typing a reply to a thread when I saw your registration come in and I manually confirmed it right away.

You're good to go!
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike........I re-registered tonite with a slightly different username and a different email addy. I did recieve the comfirmation email this time. So it appears I'm up and posting

Kindly disregard my earlier email today.

Thanks!
                      www.STONE-PT.com

Comment

Just a test to see if I can post a reply since I did not receive a cofirmation.

Comment

My wife and I are members of the Antelope Valley Corvette Club. We would like to sign up for the detailing class on 7/29/06.

Would you please send a confirmation to my e-mail at: rick4par@aol.com.

Thank you.

Comment

just a test post
                            http://snap23.photobox.co.uk/4226841...284a721b99.jpg

Comment

did not receive confirmation email, want to sign up for

SCMM detail day on February 18. I have tried to sign up a few times and my entry still does not show up in the stand by list. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');