• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacific Coast Corvettes Club at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the last page of the sign-up thread for this class, one of our forum member's, Nick, asked if he could attend this class even though he doesn't own a Corvette. We always open the classes to non-club members if the sign-up list doesn't fill-up and in this case it didn't. So we invited Nick to attend and he did driving his girlfriends Bug all the way up from San Diego!

Originally posted by 89sv21
    Hey mike, I'm not a corvette owner but I'd love to drive up to Irvine for the clinic. Am I still able to sign up for the class at such short notice? If so, how much does it cost and is parking an issue? I'm coming up from San Diego so I'm going to leave early to make it on time. Thanks again.

Nick

That's Nick walking away from the Bug with Customer Care Rep Shane Lariba behind him helping to put things away.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The rear bumper on the Beetle had been damaged and Nick filled in the affected areas with touch-up paint and then sanded the area to smooth the paint out to more or less match the appearance of the surrounding paint. After sanding and then attempting to remove his sanding marks, he found he was able to remove them out of the touch-up paint, (soft paint), but he could not remove them out of the factory clear coat, (hard paint).

Thus one of the reasons for attending Meguiar's Saturday Detailing Class.

There were three areas he worked on, we took a picture but the sanding marks don't show up although they could easily be seen with the naked eye.

Meguiar's has always taught and continues to teach the philosophy of,

"Always use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

In keeping with the philosophy we decided to use the M80 Speed Glaze first, as this is a fairly light cleaner/polish plus it's very easy to work with. We know that if the M80 Speed Glaze proves to not be aggressive enough, we can always substitute a more aggressive product like the M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

After a few, well worked passes, 95% of the sanding marks were gone!

The only marks that remained that were visible to the naked eye were so small that you had to know where to look to see them. Good work Nick! Nick was the last man standing and here's a shot of him leaving Meguiar's for San Diego...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

A big thank you to everyone that attended this class, it was a lot of fun for myself and I hope everyone else as well. I would also like to thank the Pacific Coast Corvette Club members for very nice gift they brought me, a mounted Pro Street 1953 Corvette with an engraving in brass.

Thank you...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

It was a great and very informative class Mike. It provides a very good grounds for me to start actually taking care of my paint. I only had time to experiment with the clay/quik wax on my carbon fiber hood during that day, but WOW, what a difference.

I'm going to dedicate a good weekend soon to utilize the techniques you taught us in class.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the class, Mike. You did a great job! Very informative, and the hands-on portion was really helpful. Most impressive product: the clay. I couldn't believe how well it worked!
            With all my new-found knowledge I washed, clayed, polished and waxed my wife's car the next day - it's never looked so good. Ok, it took me a little over 4 hours to do (that DA is definitely on the shopping list) but well worth it. Thanks again.

Comment

We just had an oldtimer meeting here in Holland, meguiars also was present at this event, a guy on the dutch forum made some very impressive pictures and I found this one:

I think you can see very clearly that this car posted in this topic has a much better finish than this one:

By the way, the guy in the black is Rob Mellaart the dutch country agent, hi rob!

For those who are interested here's the link to this oldtimer event with some pictures:

Erik
              Last edited by Erik; Sep 15, 2005, 11:46 AM.
              People who know cars know meguiars!

Comment

Wow!!!!!!
                Mike P. i just wanted to say Thank You

this was my first event ....i didn't know what to expect....at first when we entered the room and sat down i thought it was going to be a sales pitch were you either buy or leave....another thing was since there was an opening for non club members i took the opportunity to show up and i thought i was going to feel out of place but i must say everyone was very friendly helpful and we all were under one roof and are main goal was all the same how to make are car look better and to maintain it the right way....i must say Mike P. the way you presented yourself and the Co. (Meguiars) and how Excited i think you got everyone attention and you gave us alot of knowledge.. ill be honest i tried many products with no great results included meguiars but it wasn't that the products were bad, it was me, my technique and lack of knowledge.....no one ever taught me the right way... not know how to evaluate the car, know what to expect and goals for the car, and how to diagnosis and what to use for the detail....i would simply wash, wax and Armour all....i took lots of info. from you and ask you lots of question and I am sure even though you here the same question you always were will to go that extra mile and give us more info.... i cant thank you enough ....i believe you are an asset to Meguiars and i can tell right of the bat your are a Hard Working individual Ive met people who once its quiting time(5pm) they could care less about there job...but i have seen you in action be on this form post super early and post super late to help anyone out even to give your personal office number to help them in there emergencies i must say words are not enough to say about you.i know one thing you will always be welcomed were ever you go and you have showed me your enthusiasm and now i cannot wait to try what i learned....I am hook on Meguiars and will always be from now and on.....Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
                Miguel
                Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');