• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about #80 - Does it contain heavy fillers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the most important aspects when it comes to polishing is the surface temperature of the panel which you're working on. If you have a warm panel, chances are, your product will dry up very quickly and you'll achieve dry buff in a short time. This is even more severe when you use it with a rotary machine. You'll get alot more holograms (with the same product, pad, speed and buff time) on warmer panels. Nowadays I would prefer to use M80 with rotary to remove deeper scratch which DA can't remove at all instead straight using M83 with rotary. One of the reasons being I haven't possessed good rotary buffing skill, and to stress on, M80 provides longer play time. After that, I will apply M80 again using DA. If it's on my black car, I'll definitely apply M82 using DA to produce the clearest finish before applying a layer of M21. At the moment, this is what it works for me. I've seen professional detailers applying M83 with rotary and left the finish close to swirl-free.
    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Just to re-update this thread, have Mike Pennington @ MG have a say on this matter ( either to keep buffing M80 until it clears OR until it leaves a slight hazy finish ) bfr final wipe with a MF?
      yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

So when should one use #9 instead of #80?
        I know they are different and then should be used at different time......right?
        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513
          So when should one use #9 instead of #80?
          I know they are different and then should be used at different time......right?
          The short answer is that #9 is *much* milder than #80 and won't effect as much mechanical/abrasive correction.
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Here's a recent thread where one of our forum members has taken the time to document that when used correctly, Meguiar's M80 Speed Glaze as well as all of our other compounds, paint cleaners, and cleaner/polishes, Remove swirls, not merely fill them in as the unifomredon other detailing discussion forums would have you believe.

So I got sick of everybody saying 80 has lots of "fillers" LOTS OF PICS INSIDE
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have used 80 on my Tbird since it was new and would not use any thing else befor a LSP........Great Stuff!

Comment

Re: Question about #80 - Does it contain heavy fillers?

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Question about #80 - Does it contain heavy fillers?

Well, if it contains fillers, then I haven't seen any animal by-products listed on the bottle yet.

Great product though.
                  r. b.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');