• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax on Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax on Silver

Gave my RS2 a good detail today.
    Basically #82 SFP topped with 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax.
    Difficult to show good reflections on silver, more of a general gleam

Cool job Those cars are Porsches? Are those kind of cars, like the one you have, popular in the U.K.?

Did you use a clay bar before the Tech Wax?
    FL

Comment

No, those cars are VW's with a different badge on the front !

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6
        No, those cars are VW's with a different badge on the front !
        yup... also known as Audi.

But, I think FlaresideLariat was referring to the RS2 badge having the words Porsche below it (look at Glyn RS2's avatar)
        Danny
        2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Looks good! You can see some good reflections in some of the photos.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The RS2 is an Audi that was tuned by Porsche. Audi sent standard unfinished S2 bodies to the Porsche Zuffenhausen factory where they had a different turbo with larger intercooler fitted, together with a different inlet manifold and camshaft. They also fitted Porsche 4 pot brake callipers all round & Porsche wheels to cope with the performance upgrade.
            The result is 315bhp & 340lbs/ft from a 2.2 L 5 cylinder engine: 0-60 mph in 4.8 sec & a top speed of 174mph.
            All wrapped up in unassuming Audi body - nicely understated.

Yes these cars (high performance Audi's: RS2, RS4 & RS6) are popular in the UK. Although there were only 180 right hand drive RS2s made out of a total production run of 1800.

I like it anyway.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up...I was about to blow a brain gasket when I saw 2 brands on the same car!
              r. b.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');