• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 dash appilcation tips & tricks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 dash appilcation tips & tricks?

I was at a local Meguiar's seminar this past weekend and had a chance to see what #40 looks like on a dash, needless to say I liked it! Previously I had been using the NXT tech protectant, goes on nice & even, but is too greasy and shiney for my taste. Anyway, tonite I bought a bottle and put some on w/ a foam pad, initially it looked good, but later I noticed some areas were shinier than others & the coverage was not quite even. So...what can I do to ensure I get nice even coverage across my dash?

Brian

Just by coincidence, I wiped my vinyl dash and other surfaces in my Blazer down yesterday. The Blazer is usually parked outside all of the time with the top off and it Gert's quite dusty plus it's exposed to full-on desert sun.

First I spray M40 onto a clean microfiber, in this case an old, but clean Ultimate Wipe. Then I start wiping down the vinyl, this first pass removes a ton of built up dirt as it's quite dusty where I live. At this point the microfiber is acting like a magnet for dirt and dust.

After I've wiped all of the surfaces clean, i turn the microfiber over and apply some fresh M40 and go back over all of the vinyl surfaces and work the M40 fairly aggressively into the vinyl, at this point I'm really going after and trying to clean and condition the vinyl. After I've done this to all the vinyl surfaces, I moved onto to something else that will take a few minute to allow the M40 left on the surface to penetrate.

After a few minutes, I go back over all of the vinyl with a new, clean microfiber polishing cloth, this time a Supreme Shine Microfiber that's clean, but also stained as I separate out my pristine cloths from my stained cloths and dedicate my stained cloths for jobs like this so I don't continue to stain my pristine microfibers. (Does this make sense).

Anyway, the idea being to use the microfiber to remove off any excess product and tone down the sheen for a rich look. Works for me
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I like Mike's method, so give that a try. I have a little variation: first, I wipe down the dash/ door etc. with a dry older microfiber (dedicated much the same way Miked described) then I use #40 sprayed onto the panel and or an aplicator pad and work it in well to clean/ protect. After having let the product sit for about 10 minutes I go over everthing and wipe down with a clean but stained (as Mike said) microfiber. I like the Hi- tech aplicator pads because they allow you to get into every crevice. Also, the interior in my truck is never filthy to the point of needing to be APC'ed first.
      Rangerpowersports.com
      Ranger72

Comment

Thanks guys, I will give that a try tonite

Brian

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');