• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1000 RPM & Under and proper movement = Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 RPM & Under and proper movement = Safe?

Good day. I am planning to purchase a Makita 9227C in the coming future. However, I am in the process of doing more research on proper use of a Rotary. I currently have a Porter Cable PC, and I love the item. But after numerous uses, I am ready to move up to a Rotary in hopes to receiving better results in faster times.

Anyhow, I have many questions on proper usage, speed setting, pressure, and where and where I cannot use the rotary on. (ex., corners, ends of panels, etc) I will have to review the Meguiars video once more to refresh myself, but I wanted to hear from fellow users on your expertise of a Makita Rotary.

- Is a speed setting of 600 - 1000 rpm safe if the pad is continously moving with minimal pressure? Will I burn paint at this speed setting using #80 or #83 and a polishing pad?

- Holograms will be present, but will the use of a PC guarantee the removal of these holograms?

I am excited to use a rotary, but I feel that there are many "minor" tips not in this forum, that I should know before using it. Until then, I will continue to search this forum for further tips and ideas, and I would greatly appreciate any info you may provide (ex. image of car of where and where not to buff)

~ Thank you.
    - "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

I would work the product within the rpm range recommended, keep the pad moving and use the proper pad. Becareful around plastic body parts, as you can take paint these parts in a blink of the eye. Anytime one uses a rotary the operator needs to aware and incontrol. The PC should remove any rotary swirl, but if use properly the rotary should leave little to no rotary swirl.

Have fun with the Makita.

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');