Detail Day in Allentown PA, wiith Meguiar's Rod Kraft (write up, no pics yet) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Detail Day in Allentown PA, wiith Meguiar's Rod Kraft (write up, no pics yet)

Registered Member
    Another Newbie here......

I attended Rod Kraft's demo at LVMOC and learned a lot and had a blast!! I have been using Meguiar's stuff for the past 3 years on my Miata with great success, but I'm slowly increasing my "professionalism" with detailing. Can't wait to see how NXT does and I also just got my first tub of clay!! After seeing Rod work with the PC DA, I'll need one of those also!

I posted some pics in Car Crazy (I think?), but move them however you want. I'm too new to know the layout here.

Again, thanks to Rod and Meguiars!!!
    IBBugsy aka Dave
    92 Red Miata

I know this thread is old and maybe dead (I hope not). I live in Easton, PA, which is neat Allentown. Are there any thoughts about holding another one of these "Detail Days" in our area? I know I would go for sure.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    I haven't heard when Rod will be holding his next class. I'll ask however.
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

We (the LVMOC) set it up every spring as a club function, and then invite Rod to come and teach; it's not a Meguiar's organized event. It takes some work to put together, we have refreshments and door prizes and the like, we make it an event for members. We try to set it up so that all Rod has to do is show up and start talking.

If you want to set one up, PM me and I'll help you out with getting started, or if you want to tag along next spring I'll try to get you some advance notice. Or you can track the events calendar at LVMOC.net

Next year's event will be our fourth, and third with Rod. We are going to spend less time teaching and more time polishing cars, but we'll be playing the videos for the new guys.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Mike,

You already know this and maybe (like 1000 times easily) you have heard this, but your the best. I wake up in the morning and see all the new posts for that day and think "Man, Mike's gonna have a full day today responding to all this". I don't know how you do it but keep it up. I know this site has sold me on all your products and most of it is due to your personalized attention. Thanks. And as I said, I would go to this Detail Day even if I had 100's of miles to travel. Just as a side note:

My vehicle is in the paint shop. While it is, I have a rental. Last night, I practiced all kinds of stuff on it. You guys have motivated me.
    Brad

Pray for our country
    Originally posted by BJClarke001
    My vehicle is in the paint shop. While it is, I have a rental. Last night, I practiced all kinds of stuff on it.
    Now that's an idea.

Wouldn't try the rotary though.

Hi all,

I've just had a look through the pics, looks like a really good day

I did notice though.........my pet hate..........jackets with ZIPS ..........they can cause a lot of damage

It's just an observation by the way

Bryan

Rusty,

It is a good thing I dont own a rotary, or I would have

Mosca,

I don't own a Miata but I would not mind tagging along and paying a fee. I would add, that I would not mind helping out for your event. Kinda like an honorary member? I am sure If I had to organize one myself, I wouldn't have the resources to find that many (30 - 40?) people to do this. So, opposed to totally missing out, I wouldn't mind attending a "Polish Day", help set up/clean up. Let me know.
    Brad

BJClarke001,

I don't think it would be a problem, and we wouldn't charge you. You can come as my guest. We're pretty laid back and friendly.

We'd love to be able to open the event up as an open Detail Day, but our funds don't permit us to do this, and the quality of the event declines as the class size passes about 35.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    I haven't heard when Rod will be holding his next class. I'll ask however.
    I have been in contact with Rod regarding setting up a detailing day for our Nissan Z club (East Coast Z Association). The event will be held in New Castle, Delaware.

I hope we can put it together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information