• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what pad and speed to use with rubbing compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pad and speed to use with rubbing compound?

Hi,

This is my first post, but i've been browsing the forums for the longest time.

I noticed on the sticky thread with the pad/speed/product recommendations, compounds were listed with a rotary only... thing is, with my paint, i have some imperfections/cracks on my clear (or i hope its the clear and not under it). I've tried M80 and M83 with no success, and I dont want to go rotary just yet. I have a Megs cutting pad (the brown/red color pad) thats sitting around in its unopened plastic... so i just use that with rubbing compound? if so, what speed should i use? I have a lot of other megs pads as well....

any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi dc11r,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Meguiar's doesn't recommend using either of their compounds or the W-7006 foam cutting pad with the dual action polisher and if M83 with a W-8006 foam polishing pad when used with the dual action polisher isn't' aggressive enough then it's time to break out the rotary buffer or take it to a Professional.

Read through this thread...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Trying to do "rotary work with the PC" can be a lot riskier than just using the rotary.

Note that "rubbing compound" covers a lot of different products, gotta be careful as some will work fine by PC/hand but many will not.

And if the clear's really *cracked* there's nothing you can do to fix it.

Gee, that's a bummer of a reply, huh?

Edit: maybe the newly reformulated #2 Fine Cut Cleaner would be something to consider.
      Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');