• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireball Tim Racing/ Mini Usa Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireball Tim Racing/ Mini Usa Press Release

Hi Guys and Gals, I havent been around here much lately but wanted to pass on an update for everyone. For those of you who know me you might have wondered where I have been... Here is a press release that will give you an idea of th ecool people I have been hangin with and all the fun we have been having..

Anyone who would like to come out and cheer us on, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !!!

BTW, it was really hot in Phoenix ;-)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Hubie Fuh
    President
    FIREBALL TIM RACING
    480 234 7785
    racing@fireballtim.com

Andrew Cutler
    MINI Communications Manager
    MINI USA
    201-307-3784

FIREBALL TIM RACING AND MINI USA BUILD WILD DRAG CAR
    Lightweight Carbon Fiber-Bodied MINI to be Strip and Show Stopper

September 19, 2005…California based FIREBALL TIM RACING (FTR) has announced a collaboration between the extreme MINI tuner and MINI USA. In the deal, FTR has taken possession of a carbon-fiber bodied, 1700 lb MINI Cooper S from MINI USA with the plan to create a 500hp+ twin-charged drag monster. FTR currently holds the title "World's Fastest Street MINI" with their 2700lb MEGAmini 'Lil Beast. A turbo and supercharged and nitrous rocket pulling 12 second track times.

Fireball Tim teamed up with Tuner Legend Hubie Fuh (“Dr. Fuh” to his friends) who has built extreme 1000hp+ street and race cars that have been featured in all forms of mass media. Hubie is now the official FTR powerplant leader. Also in marketing/sales is Jan Brueggemann, muscle car builder/racer and Brian White, Meguiar's detail expert and builder.

"We are very excited to be the first choice by MINI USA to create a unique one-of-a-kind rocket," says Fireball Tim (CEO). "It's going to be a blast to race, as long as it doesn't launch into the next state. Which, it just might."

"We launched FTR to create unique themed road rockets and MINI performance parts unlike anyone else in the market," said Hubie, (President/FTR) "With Fireball Tim's crazy designs and overt style, “over-the-top” will be an understatement in both power and appearance.” Continued Hubie, “BMW used the latest in race car materials technology to create the carbon-fiber featherweight. It is only fitting that we use this opportunity to unveil our top secret "Twincharged Flux Capacitor" which will power this race car into the history books.”

And unlike any other MINI Tuner, FTR was selected by MINI USA to be the first to create this unique Fireballed Drag Car. FTR has more than 25 sponsors involved in the project, code-named the "M600," (…now known as “FLAMETHROWER’) all helping to create what FTR has coined "VHP."(Visual Horsepower). From Magnaflow to Mini performance distributor Moss Motors and Kumho Tires, who is carving a one-off set of insane custom fireball tires for shows.

MINI USA is excited to collaborate with Fireball Tim Racing to help promote MINI’s prowess in the import drag world,” said Jeff Stracco, MINI Product Manager. “With its compact dimensions and lightweight carbon fiber body, this MINI Cooper project car will be a true David amongst Goliaths on the drag strip.”

The little monster that could premieres at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona in October 8th. The car will also be at Hot Import Nights/Phoenix October 15th and SEMA in November along with several other insane FTR MINI rockets, of course.

Fireball Tim
    Fireball Tim is famous for his many maniacal movie car designs from films like SON OF THE MASK, JURASSIC PARK and about 50 others. (www.fireballtim.com) The Fireball Tim brand is rocketing into the marketplace with toys, clothing, a TV Show and candy at an incredible speed. WalMart will be selling Fireball Tim Toys worldwide as of April/May of 2006. And this is just in the past 6 months. So, building a race team was only a matter of time.

MINI in the US
    MINI is an independent brand of the BMW Group. In the United States, MINI USA operates as a business unit of BMW of North America, LLC which has been present in the United States since 1975. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand, the MINI brand, and the ROLLS-ROYCE brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, an industrial design firm in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country.

See more photos at http://www.fireballtim.com/blog/index.php
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Brian, it's been a while and it's good to see ya round! I saw you guys on one of the Saturday morning tuning shows about a month ago doing your canyon carving. Your car sure did look nice in front of the camera. What mods do you have now?
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Comment

The pic in the avatar is pretty current. the mini has pretty much everything modded in one way or another. A stock cooper S puts down around 155 - 160whp mine has made a best of 209whp the way its sitting now and there is more to come. The mega mini ( lil beast ) is 436whp and there is more to come for that as well.

The mini is an awesome car, all of the mini's in fireball tim racing are driven and most of them are run on the track as well, some run th e1/4 and some ( like mine ) run on the road coarses, nothing I like more than having a porsche or vette point me by. People dont believe how well these cars handle untill they see it first hand. ( the PSS9's help alot too ;-)

That canyon carving shoot was fun, what we have in store for the future is going to be AWESOME !!

Thanks for the compliments!!
      If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');