• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first full detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first full detail

hey guys! im going to detail my car this weekend. this is my first time fully detailing my car, im just wondering if im doing this right.
    1-wash (megs gold class car wash)
    2-clay
    3-wash again
    4-apply scratch x
    5-apply DC#1
    6-apply DC#2
    7-apply nxt tech wax (i love this wax)

thanks guys!

Sounds like a good plan to me. Don't forget wheels, tires,glass & interior w/ the appropriate MEGS product for each area. IMHO the MEGS NXT product line should cover all of those areas well. Good luck,enjoy the experience & have fun!
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Just to save you some time, you dont need to apply ScratchX and DC#1 to the entire car. Both are paint cleaners, and prep the paint well for polishing.

You can either do the whole car with ScratchX (takes a good while), or touch up spots, then do the car with DC#1.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Adding to what Murr1525 posted, note that the Scratch-X contains (diminishing) abrasives while the Deep Crystal Step #1 is nonabrasive. So the Scratch-X will mechanically remove marring whereas the Step #1 will not.
        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

hard works really pays off.

Comment

Not bad at all.

Nice reflections.
            r. b.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');