• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have only seen pics of Cleaner Wax Paste but I am pretty sure the differace is very small
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

i like to use paste wax via pc. i have 4" pads that work perfect in the tin.

Comment

I love them all, although I'll give the edge to liquid since you dispense from a bottle, thereby the product inside clean.

Gotta also give a big thumbs up to spray waxes such as Quik Wax. Easier than liquid and it produces a very nice gloss.

Comment

I use Liquid-less chance of something getting into it, then onto the applicator (like dust or something blowing into the tub of paste, which could scratch the paint if it makes it onto the applicator). I used to use paste, and liked it also, I just had a problem once where some dry pieces of leaves blew into my tub of paste and I had to ditch it because I was afraid I wouldnt get all the bits out.

Comment

Liquid....I PC
            SRT-10 Silver

Comment

The last paste I used was my dads Rain Dance back in the early 80's...I think liquid is much easier to use.

Comment

Its liquid for me right now, but once my NXT liquid runs out(which will be soon!) I think Im going to give the paste a try.

Comment

The NXT Tech Wax paste is the best I've ever used. I've tried Turtlewax Super Hardshell liquid and Turtlewax Carnauba paste, but both did not give as deep a finish as the NXT.
                  2 Wheels for Summer, 4 Wheels for Winter
                  RXZ, NSR150SP, SV650, Galant ES 2.4, CBR400RR

Comment

Liquid for now but only because the paint was in really bad condition so I ordered the 3-step programme (paint cleaner, polish and DC wax).

I'll try paste when the bottle of DC wax is empty.
                    showroomglaze.net

Comment

its liquid all the way for me, I have used the paste form sometimes, but I cant seem to get a lot on the pad itself, and I feel that you get more with the liquid I saw it was 10.99 for both liguid adn paste but the paste only had 11 oz while the liquid had 16oz, I guess Im a little tight on my money but atleast I only used Megs.

the only problem is winter months when the liquid would kinda sorta freeze up and all you get is water. But both are really good products I like to use the paste when I want to feel like Im back in the 60's...
                      Last edited by BlueTooth; May 2, 2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTooth
                        ... it was 10.99 for both liguid adn paste but the paste only had 11 oz while the liquid had 16oz ...
                        but from what I've heard - liquid runs out faster than paste wax because you use more product.
                        showroomglaze.net

Comment

it really all depends on how much to use adn how much not to use

Comment

I usally prefer to use liguid. I just find it easier to work with over all .

Comment

Paste or liquid wax??

I have tried both and they work very well. I always thought that "paste wax" lasted longer but when I asked Mike, he told me that they are both equal in durability and shine. Now, I will be using the liquid wax with the even coat applicator. Hope this helps in your survey.
                              Rob L
                              Sentrarob

Comment

Being a recent Meguiar's convert, I picked up NXT Paste. So far, I prefer paste, as it's the old-school way of waxing. Perhaps when my can runs out, I'll try NXT in liquid form.
                                2012 KIA PICANTO
                                Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                                Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');